Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Hmmmmm.... that is a bit tenuous.
I was aware of his connection to Millwall. I have seen The Old Firm Casuals a couple of times, and he has a big Millwall badge on his guitar, but I just thought that went with the image of the band being in skinhead/oi/herbert band, so I was looking at Lars at the end thinking you might have seen some Millwall tats.

oh, sorry no .... maybe if they get promotion (even more tenuous)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Hmmmmm.... that is a bit tenuous.
I was aware of his connection to Millwall. I have seen The Old Firm Casuals a couple of times, and he has a big Millwall badge on his guitar, but I just thought that went with the image of the band being in skinhead/oi/herbert band, so I was looking at Lars at the end thinking you might have seen some Millwall tats.

I like Rancid and most things Tim Armstrong does, but I have always found Lars solo stuff and bands a bit gash and I have tried to like them !!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I like Rancid and most things Tim Armstrong does, but I have always found Lars solo stuff and bands a bit gash and I have tried to like them !!

Lars Frederiksen and the ******** was alright, but really enjoyed seeing the Old Firm Casuals, once down here and a few years ago in London supporting Agnostic Front. His friendship with Micky Fitz obviously rubbed off, and it was a good night of sing-a- long-a Oi.. I know he did a brief stint with UK Subs before Rancid, but despite seeing The Subs constantly since '79, I can't actually claim to remember seeing him with them or not.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Lars Frederiksen and the ******** was alright, but really enjoyed seeing the Old Firm Casuals, once down here and a few years ago in London supporting Agnostic Front. His friendship with Micky Fitz obviously rubbed off, and it was a good night of sing-a- long-a Oi.. I know he did a brief stint with UK Subs before Rancid, but despite seeing The Subs constantly since '79, I can't actually claim to remember seeing him with them or not.

Saw LFATB at the concord 2 many years ago they were ok. Until 3 years ago I tried to see the uk subs at least once a year since 78 !

I saw them at all he Shellly arms in 87 where Charlie signed a flyer wishing my new born son a happy life. 18 years later I introduced my son to Charlie in Brighton the day before his 18 birthday, Charlie said he remembered writing the message and like to think he did. ��

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
not sure what that says about her either :lolol:

Before I went out with her and prior to her getting knocked back by Smelly her previous boyfriend suffered from chronic erectile dysfunction so she clearly didn't have very high expectations in her men.

It's quite reassuring when starting a new relationship with someone to know that you dont have a lot to live up to.

She never did make it clear why she dumped me.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Punk is an Americanism and during the 60s thousands of bands reacted against the British Invasion carrying the flag for the wild rebellious image that was originally from Rock’n’Roll and the Rockabilly And not the watered down pop shit coming from Britain that was taken up by the music industry throwing manufactured safe marketable bands for mass appeal.

bands like these were the first punks....
Look at the audience they can’t work out what is going on, thinking it’s an American beat band, no they were pure 60s garage punk.
[yt]hXUjo7zcifQ[/yt]

I know this is about 70/80s punk and we put another working class twist to it and let’s face it anything with attitude and brash is working class from farm boy rockabilly, rust belt garage punk, English punk and ska, Oi, Psychobilly, Metal Thrash it’s all working class reactionary music with attitude.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Punk is an Americanism and during the 60s thousands of bands reacted against the British Invasion carrying the flag for the wild rebellious image that was originally from Rock’n’Roll and the Rockabilly And not the watered down pop shit coming from Britain that was taken up by the music industry throwing manufactured safe marketable bands for mass appeal.

bands like these were the first punks....
Look at the audience they can’t work out what is going on, thinking it’s an American beat band, no they were pure 60s garage punk.
[yt]hXUjo7zcifQ[/yt]

I know this is about 70/80s punk and we put another working class twist to it and let’s face it anything with attitude and brash is working class from farm boy rockabilly, rust belt garage punk, English punk and ska, Oi, Psychobilly, Metal Thrash it’s all working class reactionary music with attitude.

Bonkers, avant garde and what are those hair cuts. Never seen them before almost looks like a spoof.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bonkers, avant garde and what are those hair cuts. Never seen them before almost looks like a spoof.

They were American GI’s based in Germany who were in rockabilly/rock roll bands before conscription and we’re not impressed by the British influence on music, they shaved their hair in part as protest of the mop cut. Absolutely before their time you can see even before Hendrix was outta school. They did some way out there more punky songs, but this is the best video collection that survives, they did songs about drunk women through to cuckoo birds.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

They have a couple of tracks on the box set version of Lenny Kaye's 'Nuggets' compilation:

nuggets12.png

Well worth getting hold of if you like a bit of garage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They have a couple of tracks on the box set version of Lenny Kaye's 'Nuggets' compilation:

View attachment 95980

Well worth getting hold of if you like a bit of garage.

Absolutely totally agree, probably one of the best compilations available, adore garage music.
#realgaragepunkrock

They have a few, or you can order them for about £9 from residence records (cds) in the north laines

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
New Dammed album - Evil Spirts. Tony Visconti personally asked to produce it. Anyone see them recently, I hope to catch them later in the year if they play locallly. I see they are doing Wembley Arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAiukuKL34

Last time I saw the Damned at Wembley Arena, they were supporting Motorhead. Really good set. I was umming and arring about The Hollywood Vampires, but Alice Cooper and The Damned on the same bill kind of seals it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here