Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
My last contribution probably not to everyone's taste but an album from a band that at the time shaped my life and my favourite album of all time.............god I so wanted to be the lead singer in this band !
https://youtu.be/jQ85qWqri9A

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Great band The Clash, but this isn't really the best punk rock song TBH.

Agreed

1st album-pure punk,absolute stonker,every track a winner,OK Police & Thieves not punk

Give em enough rope-still punk,English civil war,tommy gun

London Calling was the crossover point for me

My favourite 2 Clash songs Complete Control & White Man in Hammersmith,pretty mild punk really

I think the best Clash punk song is White Riot

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Great group not punk imo. Great clip though

Yeah tbh I'm not certain what makes something in the punk genre, I saw Teenage Kicks earlier in the thread which I wouldnt say is punk. Great songs though, I'm not very good at pigeon holing music types. I'm sure this song would sound more punk if it was a bloke singing! I guess its a bit pop or new wave even. I dont know! Anyway another good NSC music thread punk: punk: punk: punk:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you were not there, ground zero, 1976, say nothing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agreed

1st album-pure punk,absolute stonker,every track a winner,OK Police & Thieves not punk

Give em enough rope-still punk,English civil war,tommy gun

London Calling was the crossover point for me

My favourite 2 Clash songs Complete Control & White Man in Hammersmith,pretty mild punk really

I think the best Clash punk song is White Riot

I can't really listen to some of the later stuff they did after London Calling.
Agree 100% with what you have said above

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Interesting thread, this. Most of the bands that are considered 'punk' really weren't, either musically (The Stranglers) or idealogically (The Clash). Of the 'known' bands, perhaps the Pistols in their early days were Punk (under Malcolm McLaren's guidance so...?). There were probably lots of bands that fitted the Punk ethic but once you'd heard of them they were already outside of what might be considered real Punk, musically and idealogically. Having said that, The Damned wrote, and played in a superbly punky fashion, some mighty fine tunes (New Rose; Neat, Neat, Neat; Love Song, Melody Lee).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here