Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Using Phone while driving

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who eats a PIE whilst driving?

You are a brilliant, brilliant troll and I salute you.

I can imagine eating a Ginsters Slice or the like wouldn’t be too difficult, but given BG thinks Pukka Pies and their sloppy innards are the pinnacle of gastronomy I’d wager he regularly covers himself in lukewarm pie juice while driving.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our Hyundai has all those functions on or around the steering wheel.

Your Hyundai might, but every car I've ever owned doesn't. Not to mention sun visors, heater and AC controls, rear screen heater, windows.....................

................and does anybody but a raving idiot seriously think the motorways would be a safer place if the hard shoulder was clogged up with cars whose drivers had stopped and switched off their engines in order to legally (without breaking the hands on wheel law) wind down a window, change a CD, turn on the air con or blow their nose, etc?

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ignore the phone call the legal way of rejecting an incoming call, it's not difficult.

I have hands free in my van, never used it as I like to actually concentrate when I'm driving. I miss some calls but I'm not bothered as my voicemail tells the caller I'm driving or busy, if they want me enough they can leave a message.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who eats a PIE whilst driving?

You are a brilliant, brilliant troll and I salute you.

In my younger days I have eaten a Pork Pie while driving many times. Just as an update my sons MD went mad and said that all company vehicles must have either controls on the steering wheel or Blue tooth and any that havent got them are to be fitted without delay. A case of after the horse has bolted, but give him his due he is backing my son to the hilt including providing the company solicitor/barrister to fight his corner.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In my younger days I have eaten a Pork Pie while driving many times. Just as an update my sons MD went mad and said that all company vehicles must have either controls on the steering wheel or Blue tooth and any that havent got them are to be fitted without delay. A case of after the horse has bolted, but give him his due he is backing my son to the hilt including providing the company solicitor/barrister to fight his corner.

Good luck with that one, perhaps the government could draft special legislation to exempt you, your son and grandson, exemption from following the laws of the land as it's all someone else's fault.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
give him his due he is backing my son to the hilt including providing the company solicitor/barrister to fight his corner.

5165e2a9ab4093379f472cc87c3e554f.jpg

Good luck with that!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

BG slips into 65,000 posts with ease :moo:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
I assume you know that these fines go to the treasury and not the individual police forces ?

Of course. But the amount of money generated by each force will work its way back to forces which pay for themselves.

D

Deleted member 18477

I operate my radio by a click wheel thing where an old school handbrake would have been previously. My car system has a function to read texts and emails would you believe it!

I assume this is illegal and car company's should now remove this from future new cars then? As I have to take 1 hand off the wheel to operate and it's an Internet function? Obviously I don't do this in traffic or if a car is very close in front but it is a good function to use on an open motorway, foot down to the floor, 70mph but never more!

It's also a much better function to use than touch screen only radios some car manufacturers seem to be installing. Might as well stick an iPad on.. But assume if you did that and touched it you'd get pulled over?:facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Then his boss is stupid too. Does he really think spending money on a solicitor will get it over turned ? Your son was bang to rights so what is he going to use to suggest he isn't guilty ?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can I have a link to this “new” law because it sounds like a load of bollocks to me and I don’t believe it.

I don't think anyone has addressed your point; I can find nothing that supports a new law from Jan so BG is talking bollocks; indeed as this article says there is nothing illegal about driving one-handed: http://drivinginstructorblog.com/q-is-it-illegal-to-drive-with-one-hand-on-the-wheel/. The issue is 'proper control of the vehicle', which is what caught the woman eating an apple in one of the cases highlighted in an earlier post, and, I suspect, what is catching BG's son.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No plead guilty and offer mitigation that is the advice of the barrister , who happens to be the bosses sister so it wont cost a lot of money.
The mitigation being...?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here