Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Fan TV

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yeah, I must admit that despite my earlier comment I'm not actually opposed to the idea per se. As you point out if it turned out to be a TV version of the Roar then that would be brilliant - on the other hand if it turned out to be a TV version of a BBC Sussex phone-in then it would be utter shit. As you say it would hinge on the editorial control.

A TV version of the Roar would indeed be brilliant.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
After all the positive comments, think will have to give it a go.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
If it was it’s own thing then maybe, a video version of Albion Roar as mentioned would be a good example, but if it’s just a carbon copy of Arsenal Fan TV, it’d just be embarrassing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't watch a video version of either the Roar (too boring) or a BHAfansTV (too shit) but then I guess I'm not target market for such endeavours, in which I wish all participants the very best.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If it's as good as Albion Roar then why not? There are lots of articulate supporters out there and it would be interesting to hear different opinions after a game. The mainstream media don't really give us that much attention so a supporter based YouTube channel could be a good thing. It would all hinge on finding people with an interesting perspective and in editing out any attention seekers.

I'm not hugely familiar with Arsenal Fan TV, but it appears a very different beast to AR. You're right – a magazine-type show about the Albion would be fantastic. Even better if it was an actual Albion TV channel – like Liverpool TV or Chelsea TV – then yeah, bring it on.

Yeah, I must admit that despite my earlier comment I'm not actually opposed to the idea per se. As you point out if it turned out to be a TV version of the Roar then that would be brilliant - on the other hand if it turned out to be a TV version of a BBC Sussex phone-in then it would be utter shit. As you say it would hinge on the editorial control.

This. You get the odd good point from someone during the post-match interviews done outside the ground on BBC Sussex, but most are spouting utter tosh.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Very lucrative if done properly I would imagine so a chance there in the offing just waiting to be taken , wouldn’t let the anti everything new brigade put you off , if you want to , just go for it , please don’t ask me anything post match as I have to be home by 7 for The Chase .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It would take an awful lot of effort to run it, especially if you did it in the format of edited post match interviews, vox pops. You'd probably have to , horror of horrors , miss the very end of matches, stand about in the rain, have several volunteers helping you, a load of kit and stick at it for months, if not years. .
Potentially some ££ to be made, but Albion aren't exactly a gonna pull in the lucrative global views, so it really would have to be a labour of love to make it work. Which probably explains why nobody has done it or stuck with it.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Now if we got a couple of the sacked Darts walk on girls to stand either side of the person getting interviewed. Would this drum up views?

Yoda

English & European
tenor.gif

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I'm not hugely familiar with Arsenal Fan TV, but it appears a very different beast to AR. You're right – a magazine-type show about the Albion would be fantastic. Even better if it was an actual Albion TV channel – like Liverpool TV or Chelsea TV – then yeah, bring it on.

This. You get the odd good point from someone during the post-match interviews done outside the ground on BBC Sussex, but most are spouting utter tosh.

This, this and this.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm actually with some of the less knee-jerk responders here. Since I've not been able to get to games, I lap up whatever I can read / view on BHA. So if someone produced a youtube thingy, then I'd certainly have a look. As mentioned above, it'll be a labour of love, you won't get anything out of it for a good while, but that should never be the reason to start something like this. I don't think Arsenal fan TV started with profit in mind, although it's probably turned into that. It's also funny for only a few moments and then it's just the same rant each week.

An actual show with interesting content would be awesome. Even if it'll only be interesting to a few of us at first!

I remember watching that Norwich-supporting kid that did a vlog of their trip to Brighton. I thought that was great, mainly because we thrashed them of course :)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have been collared twice by a Radio Sussex bloke sticking a microphone under my nose before matches in the very early days of The Amex.
Drink had been taken :drink:
I vaguely remember the look of horror on his face when I described in DETAIL the Gent's Loo's at the Goldstone Ground :moo:
I was also interviewed by a bloke after we got beaten at Brentford a few years later - all I can say it's on youtube :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here