Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which way to kick?

Which way to kick First Half on Saturday?

• Towards the South

Votes: 65 89.0%
  • Towards the north

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
A little bit superstitious like most football and sports fans.

Been thinking that in recent times, we have performed a little bit better when kicking towards the North in the first half.

Your thoughts, should we win the toss on Saturday?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As far as I can see, we always kick towards the south first unless the opposition makes us change round.
Funnily enough, although I haven't anything to back it up, it doesn't do them much good.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It makes no odds. Unless there is a 45 minute 60mph wind that changes direction at half-time.

It's a game of two halves.

If anything, attack the Norff first.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We should always kick towards the North in the second half. I don’t like it when it’s the other way round, just feels wrong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Where's the option for couldn't care less, or the option for we lost the coin toss and therefore have no choice in the matter

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand why more teams don't make us kick towards the North in the first half. It's quite clearly the opposite of want we want to do, so if I was the opposition captain, that's what I'd make us do if I won the toss.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If there is a perceived advantage kicking towards the North (and I have no idea why that should be the case), then I would rather we do it in the first half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't understand why more teams don't make us kick towards the North in the first half. It's quite clearly the opposite of want we want to do, so if I was the opposition captain, that's what I'd make us do if I won the toss.

Well the opposing team probably want to attack their own fans in the second half too, so it could be counter productive.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well the opposing team probably want to attack their own fans in the second half too, so it could be counter productive.

Of course, but we have the home advantage so you'd think they'd do anything to dilute that. I kind of get it if they've got 3,000 raucous fans behind the goal, but some teams have done it when they have about 400 there.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Same reason we want to, they want to as well.

Stoke for instance, had to take a penalty last kick of the game infront of the away end, I'm sure they would have scored infront of their own fans.

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
I've always thought this, it's what most supporters who sit behind a goal want, and surely opposition teams would know that's what most of their supporters behind that goal would want to.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Same reason we want to, they want to as well.

Stoke for instance, had to take a penalty last kick of the game infront of the away end, I'm sure they would have scored infront of their own fans.

Or if we hadn't have been so rude as to put Ryan in the way...it was selfish of us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More importantly will the big screen in the North Stand be working ..crucial

Yes, I can't read the south screen from my spot in the north and I don't always remember the names of the opposition.

Number 23 you're a cheat, doesn't have quite the same effect, somehow.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Given Huddersfield are bringing so few on Saturday it won’t really matter as will have a less partisan away support behind the south but if it were me I’d always kick that way first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another pole. I vote South pole.

Exciting that we get to select! But....what if we lose the toss? Existential crisis :flameboun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here