Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] REMF Quiz - BUILDINGS IN SUSSEX

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
1. Who was the architect who, between 1815 and 1822, designed the final and most lavish extension of the Royal Pavilion in Brighton?

2. The Royal Greenwich Observatory was, from 1947 till its closure in 1998, situated at which home?

3. Bateman’s - the 17th Century house near Burwash, and now owned by the National Trust - was whose home from 1902 to 1936?

4. Monk’s House, the 18th Century cottage once owned by Virginia Wolfe is in which village?

5. What is the name of the Grade I Listed, Art Deco styled arts and entertainment building, constructed in 1935, on Bexhill seafront?

6. What is the name of the monument to fallen Indian solders fighting for the British army in the First World War, located one mile north of Patcham?

7. The Duke of Norfolk is the highest ranking peerage below the Royal Family. Which Sussex building is the seat of the Duke of Norfolk?

8. Which buildings, of which several are still standing along the Sussex coast, were inspired by a 16th Century Genoese coastal defensive system at Myrtle Point in Corsica?

9. The first property acquired by the National Trust in 1896 was the Clergy House in which Sussex village?

10. At 102m tall, which is the tallest residential building in Sussex?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Not normally one to boast, but, full house for me - I'm the kind of person who knows their Sussex buildings and architecture.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here