Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
CSK Moscow 2 Arsenal 0

Another deficit re-set ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Buffon, to the Italian media:

"It was a tenth of a penalty.

"I know the referee saw what he saw, but it was certainly a dubious incident. Not clear-cut. And a dubious incident at the 93rd minute when we had a clear penalty denied in the first leg, you cannot award that at this point.

"The team gave its all, but a human being cannot destroy dreams like that at the end of an extraordinary comeback on a dubious situation.

"Clearly you cannot have a heart in your chest, but a bag of rubbish. On top of that, if you don't have the character to walk on a pitch like this in a stadium like this, you can sit in the stands with your wife, your kids, having your drink and eating crisps.

"You cannot ruin the dreams of a team. I could've told the referee anything at that moment, but he had to understand the degree of the disaster he was creating.

"If you can't handle the pressure and have the courage to make a decision, then you should just sit in the stands and eat your crisps."

Pathetic remarks. His reaction on the pitch was an utter disgrace, and he's just spouted an absolute load of old bollocks here. I had a lot of time and respect for Buffon, but he's gone well down in my estimation after that. Which I know will devastate him.

Buffon still being a dick...

"I'm sure Oliver will have a great career in future, but he's too young to officiate a match like that," the goalkeeper added.

"A referee with more experience would not have blown his whistle and decided not to become the protagonist of the match.

More at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43772072

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You're an angry person. I hope you have sympathy for those people who died in the Heysel disaster. I don't know if you were there by the way.

Angry when people like you ignore all of the evidence presented over 2 public inquiries. Your Heysel comment tells me all I need to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here