[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bitter much? :laugh:

TBH I don't know much about Roma, but I do know Barca have got many dodgy decisions (partly aided by their cheating players) over the last decade in the CL (including last season), so I'm glad they've been humiliated tonight. It's always nice to support the underdog, too. Barca have had plenty of success over the years, so I can't say I feel at all sorry for their fans.

I told you Madrid would go further than Barca, and I was right (although maybe I shouldn't speak too soon :lol:)

Do me a favour. Barca are the most pretentious, money grabbing clubs in football. It is always a treat whenever they **** it up and I wish it would happen more often.

Poor Barca, they always try to do the right thing and this is what happens

Never see them openly using the press to tap up players, break FFP and then moan when other clubs do it - or even banned for illegally signing under age players.

UNDERDOG? In a Champions League quarter final? It's like cheering a victory for Arsenal over Man U. Yes, well done plucky Roma, we shall certainly never mention their history of bribing European Cup referees again.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well done LFC. Very good result over two legs.
Bit unlucky having a Spanish ref but overall the reds deserved to win. It will be Bayern v Roma and Madrid v LFC.

Yes, well done Liverpool, mission accomplished, on and off the pitch.
The ugliest scenes seen on British streets for years, organised, orchestrated and disgusting. Just pure arrogant scum. Willing to pull any stroke, to unnerve, alarm and even put lives in jeopardy. Does any sane person really believe that Man C weren't unsettled by those events? The players were clearly subdued on the night, going through the motions. Is it any surprise, when they knew they had to get home via the same route and another baying mob could be waiting to greet them. Over 700 missiles struck that coach, rendering a £1m vehicle unusable. More missed the target and its being described as a small minority! Its clear that over a thousand people threw missiles at that coach. British football dragged into the gutter by people who show no dignity, no respect and an arrogance that presupposes that no action will be taken against them.
The club and the police had to be aware of what was going to happen. Leaflets being distributed around the city, hours in advance. And yet they stood back and allowed lives to be put in danger. This culpability cannot be allowed to be brushed under the carpet. If individuals involved cannot be identified then collective responsibilty has to be apportioned. An appropriate punishment for me would be a season long ban from European football and a substantial fine. Maybe then, the message will finally sink in to this rabble that support this proud, historic club, that the days of taking the law into their own hands is over and behaviour like this cannot be accepted at any level.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Liverpool’s style of play when the chips are down is scary as hell.
Man City has gone through a week from hell. They are choking on the pressure.
However they’ll reboot and win the PL championship in a few days

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The ugliest scenes seen on British streets for years, organised, orchestrated and disgusting. Just pure arrogant scum. Willing to pull any stroke, to unnerve, alarm and even put lives in jeopardy. Does any sane person really believe that Man C weren't unsettled by those events? The players were clearly subdued on the night, going through the motions. Is it any surprise, when they knew they had to get home via the same route and another baying mob could be waiting to greet them. Over 700 missiles struck that coach, rendering a £1m vehicle unusable. More missed the target and its being described as a small minority! Its clear that over a thousand people threw missiles at that coach. British football dragged into the gutter by people who show no dignity, no respect and an arrogance that presupposes that no action will be taken against them.
The club and the police had to be aware of what was going to happen. Leaflets being distributed around the city, hours in advance. And yet they stood back and allowed lives to be put in danger. This culpability cannot be allowed to be brushed under the carpet. If individuals involved cannot be identified then collective responsibilty has to be apportioned. An appropriate punishment for me would be a season long ban from European football and a substantial fine. Maybe then, the message will finally sink in to this rabble that support this proud, historic club, that the days of taking the law into their own hands is over and behaviour like this cannot be accepted at any level.

Harsh words

Should be empty Anfield for the semi, but UEFA will bottle it and do sweet FA

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Harsh words

Harsh words maybe but this violence cannot be tolerated. Most of us know, in our heart of hearts that nothing will happen. LFC are treated with kid gloves and a level of sensitivity that clouds judgement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Harsh words

And conveniently forgetting West Ham attacking a team coach. Two wrongs don't make a right, but Liverpool are not alone in having scum fans.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And conveniently forgetting West Ham attacking a team coach. Two wrongs don't make a right, but Liverpool are not alone in having scum fans.

Not alone at all

But, its the fact that WH got away with it, that Liverpool fans felt they were above the law and could get away with it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not alone at all

But, its the fact that WH got away with it, that Liverpool fans felt they were above the law and could get away with it.

No that's how Liverpool fans think, all the time.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Paragraphs at all??

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Pretty sure that club is only responsible for fans inside the stadium. How can anyone prove that people who attacked the coach were fans going to the game? And if stadiums were ordered to be closed because of crowd trouble several miles away, there's a danger that things could spiral out of control: what would stop Arsenal fans attacking a coach driving to a Spurs match in the hope of getting WHL shut down?

If a couple of hundred Albion fans returning from an away match encountered a couple of hundred Palace fans at Victoria station and had a mass punch-up, you'd be happy having the Amex shut to fans? I don't think many Brighton fans would agree with you there.

We've seen a pitch invasion at West Ham and several fights inside the London stadium but no suggestion that the stadium should be closed - and that's something that clubs do have responsibility for. I'm not condoning the action in stoning the coach in any way, but talk of ground closures is just crazy.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No that's how Liverpool fans think, all the time.

Quite.
It was all planned and premeditated and they knew there would be no repercussion. Its a green light for the same thing happening again. Their level of arrogance surpasses anything else in football. They have no shame in bringing disgrace to British football, which their mass, popular support has continued to do since the 1970's.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Pretty sure that club is only responsible for fans inside the stadium. How can anyone prove that people who attacked the coach were fans going to the game? And if stadiums were ordered to be closed because of crowd trouble several miles away, there's a danger that things could spiral out of control: what would stop Arsenal fans attacking a coach driving to a Spurs match in the hope of getting WHL shut down?

If a couple of hundred Albion fans returning from an away match encountered a couple of hundred Palace fans at Victoria station and had a mass punch-up, you'd be happy having the Amex shut to fans? I don't think many Brighton fans would agree with you there.

We've seen a pitch invasion at West Ham and several fights inside the London stadium but no suggestion that the stadium should be closed - and that's something that clubs do have responsibility for. I'm not condoning the action in stoning the coach in any way, but talk of ground closures is just crazy.

Where am I suggesting ground closure? I advocated a season long ban from Europe.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite.
It was all planned and premeditated and they knew there would be no repercussion. Its a green light for the same thing happening again. Their level of arrogance surpasses anything else in football. They have no shame in bringing disgrace to British football, which their mass, popular support has continued to do since the 1970's.

Yes their actions lead to a 5 year ban for all English clubs in Europe. The game in this country paid a heavy price

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Where am I suggesting ground closure? I advocated a season long ban from Europe.

I don’t believe UEFA or FIFA have any durastiction for what happens outside the ground before a match. That’s down to Police to control and they clearly didn’t do a good job of that.
Can’t see a ban coming for that even if they could. FIFA have threatened bans on Eastern European clubs for far worse scenes of violence inside grounds but as yet nothing has happened and until they grow a pair and make an example nothing will change. Be something stupid like a £10000 fine and a please tell your fans not to do it again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The punishment is irrelevant. What you're suggesting is that UEFA take action against clubs for something they have no responsibility for. UEFA has no way of knowing whether everyone luzzing missiles at that coach was going to the game or not - or even whether they were football supporters at all. You're talking of setting a really dangerous precedent here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here