Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If the offside decisions had been given correctly in this tie it would be 3-2 to Man City on aggregate

This is exactly when VAR should be used.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just when it’s needed!

Lets be honest though three officials in close vicinity should be able to get a simple decision right. It was obvious it came back off Milner

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
City have obviously had loads of possession and pressure, but their final moment hasn't been good enough. They haven't created too many clear chances.

Had a perfectly good goal ruled out though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about the push on Van Dijk in the build up to the first goal? Seems while they shouldn't have had that goal chalked off as it wasn't offside, they should have had their actual goal chalked off because Sterling only got space by pushing Van Dijk over as he was playing the ball.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
City back to their best but not really carving pool open at will but another 45 mins like that could see them score 3 more if pool lose concentration. Very unlucky with the decision on the goal as was never offside and was poor by officials.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What about the push on Van Dijk in the build up to the first goal? Seems while they shouldn't have had that goal chalked off as it wasn't offside, they should have had their actual goal chalked off because Sterling only got space by pushing Van Dijk over as he was playing the ball.

If that's a foul I'll give up watching football

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If that's a foul I'll give up watching football

It was more of a foul than the one given against Duffy. There is a clear movement of Sterlings arm, pushing Van Dijk as he is on one foot because the other is swinging at the ball. Sterling knew exactly what he was doing. Not a booking or anything stronger, but a deliberate push.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was more of a foul than the one given against Duffy. There is a clear movement of Sterlings arm, pushing Van Dijk as he is on one foot because the other is swinging at the ball. Sterling knew exactly what he was doing. Not a booking or anything stronger, but a deliberate push.

Give over. Games going ****ing soft.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Game over. I had a feeling that Liverpool would score tonight. If I was a betting man I would have put my money on Salah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here