Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I wonder how the Arsenal and Liverpool nimrods are feeling about The Ox now?

Watching him play for Liverpool tells you that Wenger is a cooked goose.

He's (ox) has turned that position into something to wonder at. Klopp can spot a player faaaar better than Arsene. It's a beautiful thing to watch that boy play.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be utterly choked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He's (ox) has turned that position into something to wonder at. Klopp can spot a player faaaar better than Arsene. It's a beautiful thing to watch that boy play.

Do you remember the Liverpool fan videoing himself doing a 'Maty Ryan - Discuss' commentary every time he kicked the ball, on his Liverpool debut.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Also great from an England perspective. He's got just what the team are crying out for- a bit of drive and penetration through the middle. We're almost definitely going to win the world cup now.

@yourmum " a bit of drive and penetration through your mum" Have that one for free

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Also great from an England perspective. He's got just what the team are crying out for- a bit of drive and penetration through the middle. We're almost definitely going to win the world cup now.

@yourmum " a bit of drive and penetration through your mum" Have that one for free

Oh yes. The Coupe de Monde is coming home! Or something.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Do you remember the Liverpool fan videoing himself doing a 'Maty Ryan - Discuss' commentary every time he kicked the ball, on his Liverpool debut.

To be fair, that was a shocking debut. More power to him for turning it around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He did get paid £120,000 that week to play football like me.

and 7 months later he got paid £120,000 to play football at a level you can't even dream about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't seen a scouser get that excited over one leg since Paul McCartney first clapped eyes on Heather Mills.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After all my years visiting this great site do I still get surprised whenever a thread about LFC still contain the lies of the past.

A cross section of society. The vast majority do listen to others and take on board facts as they emerge. As opposed to a few bigoted dimwits with a “blah, blah, blah, I’m not listening” approach to life.

Looking at other forums such as comeonboro and readytogo over recent years, I’d say NSC luckiky has a dearth of these lowlifes.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just the sound of missiles hitting the coach shows it was more than just a few. The atmosphere seemed full of hate (and jealousy)

What are these morons thinking when they chuck a full can at the coach ?

These were apparently handed out all over Liverpool this week

9E552385-EF85-430F-8FB9-EC5DFE9DAF82.jpeg

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Whilst I agree that the police and stewarding were overwhelmingly in the wrong at hillsborough I will also say this:

I was living in Liverpool when the disaster went down and used to drink in the Yankee bar and the grapes (the two biggest LFC boozers) and I am telling all of you that there were many many fans I spoke to in the preceding week who were ticketless and were planning to storm the turnies.

Everyone who knows anything about Liverpool knows that this was a common activity in those days. Does anyone remember the "scousers on the roof" at Wembley or any one of the European games, including Istanbul where this happened...and that was after Hillsborough.

The enquiry didn't consider this as it was practically impossible to prove and, in any event, it's down to the stadium to prevent unauthorised access.

I'm sure that many on here will remember "scouse Gary" who had the Park View licence in the 1990s who was a giant of a man..he bunked in that day and ended up being a hero by pulling people up to the upper tier in Leppings lane when the rush came in from the back. He was a great bloke (RIP) and was openly honest that there were hundreds of non ticket holders there.

Last year on another thread about Hillsborough i said to 'totally exonerate' the Liverpool fans of any blame for what happened is misguided. I cannot believe that on the day of the disaster every Liverpool fan turned up in plenty of time for the k/o, with a ticket and stone cold sober, to believe that to be the case is showing no understanding of football fan culture (and in particular 1980's football fan culture).

I fully acknowledge the authorities made a total mess of the operation on the day and no doubt those guilty will be convicted when it comes to court, however to totally absolve ALL Liverpool fans of any blame is totally wrong. I know I will get hammered for saying this (as previously was) and I will told the 'evidence' shows there was 'no evidence' of ticketless fans (impossible to prove) and no evidence of drunk fans (did they test every Liverpool fan on the day)? I feel however the previous post does add credence that Liverpool fans weren't totally innocent in this. I have no axe to grind with Liverpool fans (grew up in the 80's admiring not supporting Liverpool).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here