Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Ray Wilkins

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I can't be beleive some posters are insinuating it is any less tragic because Ray had issues with alcohol. The bloke had a wife and kids for ****s sake.

I will miss hearing him on Talksport. I often had a chuckle to myself every time he repeated the line 'there's no two ways about it' again and again.

RIP

I don't think anyone is insinuating it's any less tragic, rather a reminder of the demons some people suffer from.

A sad loss from football and more so to anyone close to him I'm sure.

RIP Ray, may you rest in peace x

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oddly enjoyed seeing that goal go in today.

Had to pop into work where the news is playing on on screens all round the office.

Was able to tell colleagues that I was behind that bloody ball as it hit the net in 1983 and it reminded me of my late father who dragged us up there.

RIP Ray. Great player.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Very sad to hear this. Always had something positive to say, I liked that. RIP Ray.

here's that story.

[tweet]981601567806836736[/tweet]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Just looking at his Wikipedia page, I'd completely forgotten he played for Leyton Orient back in the war years, and that game.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
His first five clubs ...
Chelsea
Man united
Milan
PSG
Rangers .

Ok, he later turned out for palace anD orient , but that list is not too shabby..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Very sad to hear this. Always had something positive to say, I liked that. RIP Ray.

here's that story.

[tweet]981601567806836736[/tweet]

What a brilliant story. Now I know why I always liked him. Even liked him when he was playing for Manure.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Gentleman RIp

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
His first five clubs ...
Chelsea
Man united
Milan
PSG
Rangers .

Ok, he later turned out for palace anD orient , but that list is not too shabby..

Absolutely and his dad, George played for Brentford in the war cup final 1942 at the old Wembley in front of 70000 before signing for Leeds and Rays brothers, Graham, Steve and of course Dean all professionals too, some stats those .....

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Rest in Peace Ray.

A true gentleman of football. You will be missed.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still upset by this news, he was a true footballing gent and a credit to the game.

I hope it is not too soon before more footballing icons from this era pass away. I also wonder how many players in the modern game, with their lack of humility and true class would warrant such tributes.

I fear not many.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Real shame. Always came across as a nice fella and certainly knew how to play.

RIP Ray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here