Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Ray Wilkins

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Ray, another sad loss, and, much too young.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Awful news. RIP

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I worked with a bloke who loved the ties that Ray wore and wrote to him asking him where he got them. Ray rang him at home to tell him which shows what a great bloke he was. On an amusing note the bloke was in the shower and his wife took the call so he didn’t get to speak to him.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Bloody hell, RIP Butch. Will always remember that goal in the 83 Cup Final. Broke my heart but remember thinking 'what a great strike'.

I've turned 57 today and he was 61. Life is too bloody short.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does anyone else feel that their heart is struggling a little after reading of someone young dying of a heart attack?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP, as annoying as it was that Cup Final goal he scored it was quality

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Very sad news

RIP Ray

D

Deleted member 22389

Does anyone else feel that their heart is struggling a little after reading of someone young dying of a heart attack?

Yes. When I first heard the news I thought OK, he will pull through. To hear the news today has shocked me.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Was in line with his 1983 Goal...When hit towards us it looked like it was going wide but curled into Goal. The one Goal I can remember from back then!!!(can`t remember any of our goals).

Great player of his time!! RIP Ray.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP fella, he always came across as an absolute gent.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Shocking news. Always came across as one of the more intelligent footballers on the circuit and usually had something to say worth listening to. Took some stick over square passing but was overall a model pro and good player deserving of the awards he received. RIP Ray - your cup final goal against us is long forgetten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here