Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
One of my friends lives just a few doors away.
It's been an absolute nightmare for her and all her neighbours.
I have taught a number of travellers (who never seem to travel anywhere as they are all in council houses!) and remember a conversation with one 15 yo last year. No matter what I said they wouldn't accept that stealing was wrong. They just saw it as a justifiable way to get what they wanted :(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
One of my friends lives just a few doors away.
It's been an absolute nightmare for her and all her neighbours.
I have taught a number of travellers (who never seem to travel anywhere as they are all in council houses!) and remember a conversation with one 15 yo last year. No matter what I said they wouldn't accept that stealing was wrong. They just saw it as a justifiable way to get what they wanted :(

Well...I suppose it is justifiable if you use the logic.."you have it, I want it, I take it" but they're all very keen Catholics but seem to skip the whole "thou shalt not" episode.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Happy birthday! Shame you're dead you ****.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
What happened? Update please?

The ladies of the family turned up to lay flowers on his birthday. Unlike previous occasions the police stopped them so they tried to find somewhere else, eventually settling on the house whose owners had previously offered. Then in the evening a couple of council employees turned up and moved the shrine to a more appropriate location. Exactly how it should have happened last week.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If Burgulars were punished by a testicle removal per offence life in pikey communities would be much less chaotic and, ultimately, would end in an inbreeding disaster much sooner than nature left to its own devices.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So the family say they ARE going past the house with a funeral cortege. If it is a horse drawn hearse the residents should just collectively set off bird scarers as it trundles past!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So the family say they ARE going past the house with a funeral cortege. If it is a horse drawn hearse the residents should just collectively set off bird scarers as it trundles past!

If we set aside the fact that he was a criminal killed in executing another crime ,the death of a man should not be celebrated and the family are entitled to mourn. However, what's annoying everyone is the deliberately provocative nature of the mourning and the pathetic attempt to portray him as some kind of hero.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
If we set aside the fact that he was a criminal killed in executing another crime ,the death of a man should not be celebrated and the family are entitled to mourn. However, what's annoying everyone is the deliberately provocative nature of the mourning and the pathetic attempt to portray him as some kind of hero.

They should be mourning him privately. And there should be no threat to the Osborn Brooks family. If police feel the need to protect them against the Vincent family then arrest them for making threats.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh for a bit of common sense! Just get on and investigate something more important, like somebody parked on a double yellow line. Exactly who benefits from a possible prosecution in this case? - No-one.

Sigh - It's the law, that's how it works. I know many think that going on to someone's property demands the death penalty but it doesn't work like that. It's not a binary thing, there are acceptable ways to respond and unacceptable, what is an 'okay' response to a kid nicking apples from your tree for instance, a good kicking?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sigh - It's the law, that's how it works. I know many think that going on to someone's property demands the death penalty but it doesn't work like that. It's not a binary thing, there are acceptable ways to respond and unacceptable, what is an 'okay' response to a kid nicking apples from your tree for instance, a good kicking?
This is not a kid scrumping apples. It's a burglar. If I went into someone's house and nicked their possessions and they caught me and punched me I wouldn't feel unfairly treated.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here