Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Feeling confident?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
How you all feeling about your cup final next week?

Just kidding, arguably more of a cup final for us currently. From a Palace pov most fans have this as one of the games we are putting down as 3 much needed points from the remaining games. Since we have had our injured players back we have started to look ok form wise although still with the heartbreak of losses in there, albeit during a tricky run of games against the big boys. It looks like you are going to have enough to get over the line this season but being a derby game could go either way obviously but interested to know if you are all confident about the game and expect to take all the points yourselves?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I imagine it’ll be a tense, nervy affair with a boat load of cards. 1-1.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
How you all feeling about your cup final next week?

Just kidding, arguably more of a cup final for us currently. From a Palace pov most fans have this as one of the games we are putting down as 3 much needed points from the remaining games. Since we have had our injured players back we have started to look ok form wise although still with the heartbreak of losses in there, albeit during a tricky run of games against the big boys. It looks like you are going to have enough to get over the line this season but being a derby game could go either way obviously but interested to know if you are all confident about the game and expect to take all the points yourselves?

I think it will be a draw. Edgy, nervy affair. One team goes a goal up early and the other team equalises in the 79th minute.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I imagine it’ll be a tense, nervy affair with a boat load of cards. 1-1.

Agreed although not sure a point will cut it for us, a home game we will need 3 points. Issues for us will be Zaha getting wound up and or frusrated which can affect his game and Mr Murray..

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well lucky for us he is fit then isn't it? (if he gets through saturday)

Fit 'til he breaks down again.

m0dwaynedbbley_m_White.jpg

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Well yes, yes it is. Otherwise you'd be looking at zero points yet again as you always do when your minibus isn't playing..

Well thats what happens when you have a player of Wilfs quality, which you do not. Can't argue with the stats we are much better with him in the team and everyone else raises their game too.

And if you take Messi out of Barca? (see their last game as a reference).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well thats what happens when you have a player of Wilfs quality, which you do not. Can't argue with the stats we are much better with him in the team and everyone else raises their game too.

And if you take Messi out of Barca? (see their last game as a reference).
No it isn't - plenty of teams have good players, but they're not as bi-polar as your lot. Southampton relied on Le Tiss for a decade, but were never a nailed on defeat without him. On the other hand, you're absolute toilet when he's not playing. Basically, you're West Brom when he's not playing and Bournemouth when he is.

Oh, and Le Tissier was a FAR better player than Zaha.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We're more concerned about getting 3 points against Huddersfield this weekend, as most think that would be enough to keep us up, given the poor form of the bottom 5.

Thoughts will only turn to Selhurst next week. I will be there, as I was when we helped send you down in '81. But I'll be having a lunchtime drink in Lewes and a can on the train rather than attempt to find a serviceable pub in the vicinity.

Here's a piece I wrote for the Seagull Love Review back in 2012.

Back to the Future. One of my Albion mates, let’s call him Bottle, likes to plot out the parameters of an away trip in some detail. Hotel, pub, Chinese chippy, parking space, chewing gum vendor. No detail left to chance. And grateful the rest of us tag-alongs are too. So when Bottle suggested a hostelry in South Norwood prior to that match, we were willing to trust his judgement. Now my work has taken me all over the country (and beyond) and between studying the transport systems of obscure northern towns, and following the Albion away since the ‘70s, I reckon I have a pretty good urban radar. But my knowledge of the LB of Croydon extends almost exclusively to just the cashpoint outside East Croydon station.
The first “take two” was the Ann Summers factory on the A22 where I’m told staff discounts are generous. It explains why Palarse seem so obsessed about throbbing items from down the road. The second was the South Norwood hostelry. Horse brasses and cartwheels on the walls, blinking fruit machines and a resident local who appeared to genuinely live in the corner behind the fishtank, the pub was unchanged since 1977. Our designated driver enquired for a cup of tea: the barmaid’s response suggested a molotov cocktail was more likely to be forthcoming. As chicken-in-a-basket and black forest gateau were off, they kindly let us bring in fish and chips from across the road, and we settled in to a corner to await the arrival of the locals. A set of excitable dufflecoats who seemed to be plotting a Battleships-A-Thon were superseded by some Neanderthals who slowly realised we were not local. Time to head for the ground.
Seeking out the floodlight pylons and following the strangulated cries of hatred, barking police dogs and the smell of the burger van containing their forefathers all continued the ‘70s theme. A good old-fashioned scrum for the turnstiles, police pat-down and subterranean khasi likewise. How the Arthur Wait stand continues to secure a safety certificate is beyond me. My first ever visit to the AW stand was at the age of 12 when my parents thought it ‘safer’ to go in with the home fans. It hasn’t improved since that day when Swindlehurst got dumped into the advertising hoardings by Andy Rollings just in front of me, and the foundations cracked. Half the seats broken, drinking and smoking in the ground, standing in the aisles and rabid chanting. Oh no, that was just the Directors’ Box.
You know the rest. Two dodgy pens, honour intact and a spare wing mirror for the designated driver. Life on Mars, but not as we know it.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
No, I do not. Barca have other players capable of performing.

So would Barca win the champions league without Messi? No

Would Palace be relegated without Zaha this season? Probably

When you have a player like Wilf its difficult not to rely on him. Not saying it is a good thing, far from it but the reality is Wilf is arguably as many have said, the best player outside the top 6. If and/when he does go we will not replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here