Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Stockholm - Just how expensive is it?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Used to work there a few years ago and go back regularly, imho the best city in Europe, clean, amazing buildings, parks, restaurants etc. Got a Hotel in Gamla Stan (old town) just over £100 per night. Food and beer is quite expensive, but look around and some cheaper places. Beer £6-8 a large one and meals between £20 - £40 per head. Get the Stockholm Pass, you pay about £100 I think and you get free boat and bus around the city plus feee entrance to all the museums.enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Geneva Airport once you go through. Best part of £50 for 4 x Big Mac or Whopper meal ‘deals’. (Can’t remember if it was McDonalds or Burger King).

That's still a better deal that £11 for a sub roll and crisps.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Geneva Airport once you go through. Best part of £50 for 4 x Big Mac or Whopper meal ‘deals’. (Can’t remember if it was McDonalds or Burger King). This was say 4 years back, so probably even more now.

Yep, but l think much the same thing applies in pretty much any airport in any western city that you care to visit. If people wish to eat they have no choice, and prices escalate accordingly.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Been a few times to meet Swedish friends, they knew all the places and it really was not too expensive.
I loved everything about Stockholm, the people and Sweden, great city, great people.
Unless you have loads of dosh, you just need to know where to go, which is where being with locals came in handy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here