Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Rohan Ince?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I imagine they may have realised that, however nice it is to be big and strong.....primarily a footballer needs to be able to control a football with their feet.

It's quite a key skill.

But still, he's lovely and strong isn't he.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He was always very average...... always.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really thought he would be a decent midfield option for us and at least Championship standard. His performance against Arsenal in the 3-2 cup-tie and THAT tackle on Sanchez showed he had ability.

It can surely only be a lack of mental toughness that has resulted in his demise.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I recall he was aloof and somewhat arrogant when he was attending the shirt sponsors’ dinner a few seasons ago. It was very clear he didn’t want to be there. #together? Not so much.

Surprised to hear you say that to be honest, I bumped into him outside the club shop about 3 seasons ago, and he seemed very approachable and quite happy to say hello then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really thought he would be a decent midfield option for us and at least Championship standard. His performance against Arsenal in the 3-2 cup-tie and THAT tackle on Sanchez showed he had ability.

It can surely only be a lack of mental toughness that has resulted in his demise.

Possibly. Maybe finding himself living in digs in a northern town 250 miles from home, playing for a team at the arse end of League 1, has left him feeling somewhat depressed. Plus of course the realisation that he is never going to make it at the real peak of his profession has finally sunk in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I recall he was aloof and somewhat arrogant when he was attending the shirt sponsors’ dinner a few seasons ago. It was very clear he didn’t want to be there. #together? Not so much.

In defence of Rohan (if this was the 2015 dinner), I did come across all BG and told him that this goal was a fluke.
https://youtu.be/Zq3NHUcIIqQ
He was not impressed and he may have got his strop on?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In defence of Rohan (if this was the 2015 dinner), I did come across all BG and told him that this goal was a fluke.
https://youtu.be/Zq3NHUcIIqQ
He was not impressed and he may have got his strop on?

I think it was 2015. Perhaps so! I’m happy to yield to the others saying that he was just fine in their interactions with him - it was the only time I interacted with him.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Can't believe people saying they never rated him. For a season and a half he was outstanding, although he never fit into the system once CH took over. He got rave reviews during his loan spells at Fulham and Swindon so there is definitely still talent there. Hopefully he can get picked up by a decent L1 team in the summer with a manager who will get the best out of him and he can work his way back up to the Championship.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Had forgotten about Colunga. On the same Cyprus/India circuit as Calderon, I see.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A friend who used to work for Currys told me Rohan Ince once went in the store to sign up for something.

This was just as he was making the bench - and possibly after he'd made a few appearances.

Anyway, whilst doing the paperwork, a junior sales staff member asked him where he worked.

"At Brighton & Hove Albion," said Ince.

"What, behind the bar or something?" asked the kid.

Ooops.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had forgotten about Colunga. On the same Cyprus/India circuit as Calderon, I see.

An underrated player Adrian Colunga. I think he we as at Albion at the wrong time, we would have seen the best of him if he was playing in a winning team, not one that was fighting relegation the entire season he was with us.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can't believe people saying they never rated him. For a season and a half he was outstanding, although he never fit into the system once CH took over. He got rave reviews during his loan spells at Fulham and Swindon so there is definitely still talent there. Hopefully he can get picked up by a decent L1 team in the summer with a manager who will get the best out of him and he can work his way back up to the Championship.

He wasn't outstanding. Dale Stephens is outstanding, Rohan Ince was perfectly adequate given the rest of the team around him. I've always said that Keith Andrews was enormously underrated and I will always maintain that opinion. Andrews did a lot of mopping up for Ince and JFC. Ince wasn't good at Fulham by the way, they weren't impressed.

I would be amazed to see him work his way back to the Championship, but I have nothing against him. He tried hard for us and he played an important part in a team which came 6th. Thanks for the memories, Rohan! Good luck finding a club in the summer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He was not outstanding. He had a couple of great moments, but he was awful at other times. The backpass at Derby led directly to a penalty, and goal, and a stray pass at Norwich resulted in a corner which also led to a goal, both of which cost us points.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
An underrated player Adrian Colunga. I think he we as at Albion at the wrong time, we would have seen the best of him if he was playing in a winning team, not one that was fighting relegation the entire season he was with us.

Agreed, thought he showed enough to confirm he had something about him. As it was, we basically only saw him for about 5 months; he arrived on August 24 2014 and joined Granada on loan on January 30 2015, finally departing in October 2015.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That goal he scored at Swindon.... absolutely fantastic.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He was not outstanding. He had a couple of great moments, but he was awful at other times. The backpass at Derby led directly to a penalty, and goal, and a stray pass at Norwich resulted in a corner which also led to a goal, both of which cost us points.

He wasn't outstanding. Dale Stephens is outstanding, Rohan Ince was perfectly adequate given the rest of the team around him. I've always said that Keith Andrews was enormously underrated and I will always maintain that opinion. Andrews did a lot of mopping up for Ince and JFC. Ince wasn't good at Fulham by the way, they weren't impressed.

I would be amazed to see him work his way back to the Championship, but I have nothing against him. He tried hard for us and he played an important part in a team which came 6th. Thanks for the memories, Rohan! Good luck finding a club in the summer.

He won 2013/14 Young Player of the Year Award and was linked to Liverpool amongst other clubs. Stop trying to re-write history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here