Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Any Excel experts?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Depends what you want to do. I use it every day (lucky me) so can do some things well. Definitely wouldn't call myself an expert though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I need to add a static average line to a pivot table chart, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it. I know you can add various trendlines, but a normal average doesn't seem to be one of them.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Can you work out the static average in the table as data then just plot that column?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I just put "add a static average line to a pivot table chart" into Google - loads of answers there.
I do understand that Google is not as clever as NSC, but in the unlikely event that you do not get an answer here, try that wannabe Google startup...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
In what part of Excel do you require expertise? Would be cool to share it on here, always learn/teach something on an Excel thread. PM me if it's private information

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NEVER EVER claim to be an EXPERT .....

an EX is a has-been and a
SPURT is a drip under pressure

But it isn't actually a 'spurt' is it? Its a purt. What's that then? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well actually, it's "pert" not "purt", and that can describe the pointy bit of a cold tit [breast] .....

I spelled "pert" as "spurt" as that is what it sounds like when preceded with an "x"

Thanks for the clarification.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Back to the original issue of Excel help, as some of you may know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] owns and I contribute to a football finance website called the PriceOfFootball.com, where we look at how clubs have performed from a monetary perspective.

As a result there is now a very large spreadsheet containing the key financial data and trends for all the English and Scottish clubs, as well as divisional summaries etc. There is a separate worksheet for each club.
Spreadsheet picture.JPG

I have two questions

(1) Is it possible to quickly access an individual worksheet, as there are now a lot to trawl through when we are looking at a particular club?
(2) Is is possible to churn out a set of graphs/tables from the updated data when a club announces its results? At present I do it on a piecemeal basis, club by club, graph by graph, but I'm sure there must be a more efficient solution.

Many thanks

Regards
EP

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Back to the original issue of Excel help, as some of you may know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] owns and I contribute to a football finance website called the PriceOfFootball.com, where we look at how clubs have performed from a monetary perspective.

As a result there is now a very large spreadsheet containing the key financial data and trends for all the English and Scottish clubs, as well as divisional summaries etc. There is a separate worksheet for each club.
View attachment 95786

I have two questions

(1) Is it possible to quickly access an individual worksheet, as there are now a lot to trawl through when we are looking at a particular club?
(2) Is is possible to churn out a set of graphs/tables from the updated data when a club announces its results? At present I do it on a piecemeal basis, club by club, graph by graph, but I'm sure there must be a more efficient solution.

Many thanks

Regards
EP

Probably the most efficient way to tackle Q1 is to have a reference table called say, menu, which is just a list of all the teams
Then use Hyperlink function to navigate to the worksheet of the same name eg =HYPERLINK("#"&A2&"!",A2)

Reason I would use the lookup list in column A us so you can use it as a variable in case it needed else where in the project

The above could equally be hardcoded for each team like so
=HYPERLINK(Arsenal!A1,"Arsenal")
You could also create a link on each teams sheet to take you back to menu

Capture.JPG

I think that is what you are after anyway
Question2, um where does the data come from and how is it updated/entered?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I need to add a static average line to a pivot table chart, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do it. I know you can add various trendlines, but a normal average doesn't seem to be one of them.

Where is the average being calculated from, is it a column in the pivot table?

Eg
Product,cost
Eggs,1
Milk,5
Cheese,2

So on this chart you would want a horizontal line at 2.66? (8/3) as avg cost (if the column is already an average you cant take an average of the average as the representative value)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here