Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] When did you pass your driving test?

When did you pass your (pratical) driving test?

• Not passed

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • 1st Time

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 2nd Time

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • 3rd Time

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • 4th Time

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 5th Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th Time

• 7th Time +

• Total voters

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
1977 - 1st time, even though I bumped over a high kerb when turning left.

My mate ran out of petrol on his test. His car had a dodgy fuel gauge.
The examiner sat there for a few seconds and then got out of the car and walked off.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I did, of course, mean "On which attempt did you pass your driving test?" However, I was trying to avoid sounding too poncy.

I passed first time. There seem to be various articles suggesting people who do this are thickos and worse drivers. :shrug:

Thickos? that's DEFINITELY true :) Seriously, it's logical that people who don't pass first time may turn out to better drivers right, simply because you've had more lessons and experience, learned new skills?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Failed scooter test 3 times then was knocked off scooter written off........so got a car passed second time circa 1970 in Crawley.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mar '79, second time, I'm sure at the timed they failed all 17 year old lads first time as we drove like tw@ts!

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
17/11/1958 in Chichester. Examiner's name was Mr Silver. 1st time after 2 lessons. Renault Dauphine

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
2nd time for me.
The first time i got cut up on a round about by a Peugeot 205 that went right from the left hand lane. I got a major fault as apparently I should have expected him to do it.

2nd time and something similar for me - a car overtaking a car that was half pulled out of a drive way in between me and the overtaking car, thus entirely obscuring my view, and I "reacted too late to brake, only doing so when I saw the overtaking car" apparently the examiner felt I should have been clairvoyant and sensed the car I couldn't see...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not had a lesson yet, although now I'm 40 I should probably give it a go.
Been meaning to for the past couple of years but finding the time and spare money always gets in the way.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here