Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] When did you pass your driving test?

When did you pass your (pratical) driving test?

• Not passed

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • 1st Time

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 2nd Time

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • 3rd Time

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • 4th Time

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • 5th Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6th Time

• 7th Time +

• Total voters

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Car first time, 1984. Motorbike five times, 1976.
Car test held in Lancing to help reduce the waiting list in Brighton. As there are no hills in Lancing, I did my hill start on the flat!
You could make a film about my first motorbike test. I was as nervous as hell. Parked my Honda CB 200 on a bus stop. Couldn't read the number plate of the car for the eye test bit. Turns out I was looking at the wrong car. I got lost. The examiner kept changing positions so I didn't know where he was. I forgot to do the emergency stop. When the examiner jumped in front of me with his clipboard, instead of screeching to a controlled halt, I looked behind myself, waved my right arm up and down like a majestic swan, and eventually came to a safe stop. I could see the examiner as a small speck about forty yards back up the road. Then there were the Highway Code questions. He showed me a set of signs. "What type of signs are these?" he asked. "Orders", I replied. "Does this one order you to hospital? Does this one order you to railway crossing? They're information signs!" he shouted. He'd given up on me by now. I couldn't believe I'd failed!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2nd time in 1984.

(thats the 5th on this thread in 1983/4 ! - thats your NSC demographic right there. )

el punal

June 1972, second time. It was at Eaton Road test centre, my first (the failed one) was at Portland Road. Are those two venues still operating?

By the way youngsters, in those days you had to do hand signals during part of the test, and no, it didn't include flicking two fingers, the middle digit, or indicating that someone was a complete wanker! :cool:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
December 1965 and first time.
Mind you, back in those days one still had to have a man in front of the car carrying a red flag!:lolol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
1st time in 1983. (The same day Frank Bruno fought Jumbo Cummings).

Passed my bike test in 2002 at second time of asking.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I did, of course, mean "On which attempt did you pass your driving test?" However, I was trying to avoid sounding too poncy.

I passed first time. There seem to be various articles suggesting people who do this are thickos and worse drivers. :shrug:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
1978 Car Test, 3rd time of asking, ridiculous as I had a FIA International Karting Race Licence, can only suppose I did the Test as if I was racing!

1981 did it 1st time motorcycle, mind you dropped it about 24 hours later trying to take a bend too fast.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Put in for my HGV 3 course a few times,but the Army had me playing soldiers instead,so never passed.Only chose girlfriends with cars.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Second time - I had "Failer Fowler" invigilating my first test in Hastings and because I wasn't female and wearing a short skirt I didn't stand a chance. I quickly learnt my lesson and sailed through second time!!!!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Car July 87

Lorry June 91

Bus December 91

Bike July 01

all on 1st attempt!

It was easier back then though :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Second time - I had "Failer Fowler" invigilating my first test in Hastings and because I wasn't female and wearing a short skirt I didn't stand a chance. I quickly learnt my lesson and sailed through second time!!!!

Think there was an examiner in Eastbourne called Fiddler!:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
because I wasn't female and wearing a short skirt I didn't stand a chance. I quickly learnt my lesson and sailed through second time!!!!

You had a sex change just to pass your driving test? :ohmy: Can you still get into your short skirt? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here