Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Masters 2018

Jimmy Grimble

Looking like being the Tiger show from a coverage point of view but what is everyone thinking? I always get drawn to Bubba Watson at Augusta and Louis Oosthuizen is normally great value as an e/w punt.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's great to have Tiger healthy and back at Augusta with a competitive game.

The Europeans have McIlroy, Stenson and Poulter in good form too, but the man to beat will be Jordan Spieth.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

speedyj1

Jun 15, 2017
Had Bubba and Louis in 2012. Obviously Louis was the bigger collect. Just saw a segment on a golf show and Louis says he is ready so he will be my only bet at $76

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
One of the most competitive Masters in a long time. I can't be having Tiger as he can't get the ball off the tee but then again he hardly ever has apart from when he hits the stinger. Justin Thomas is my idea of the winner as he is the best golfer in the world right now in my humble opinion and have already backed him at 20/1. He has the long game, the short game and his wedge play is simply stunning. I have been backing and laying for a few months, some would call it filthy arbing, and have nice four figure risk free bets on Phil Mickelson who has hit form again at 50/1, Bubba Watson ditto at 66/1, Rickieeee Fowler 33/1 not sure he will ever fall over the line in a major though. Also have Jason Day and Alex Noren on my side.

A decent special - Paddy Power and BFSB are 2/1 about a hole in one on the 16th hole on Sunday, if anyone finds they can get any more than a fiver on with either of those:facepalm: They are also 6/4 a hole in one on 16 at any time. Seven of the last fourteen years have had a hole in one on 16 and the Sunday pin is always designed for a hole in one, there were three in 2016 and one last year. Getting a decent bet on will be more problematicv than some finding a hole in one:rolleyes:

Looking forward to wall to wall coverage....oh:nono:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Thursday Tee Times (all times ET)

8:30 a.m. -- Austin Cook, Ted Potter, Jr., Wesley Bryan

8:41 a.m. -- Ian Woosnam, Ryan Moore, Jhonattan Vegas

8:52 a.m. -- Mike Weir, Brendan Steele, Matt Parziale (a)

9:03 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, Kevin Chappell, Dylan Frittelli

9:14 a.m. -- Bryson DeChambeau, Bernd Wiesberger, Matthew Fitzpatrick

9:25 a.m. -- Mark O'Meara, Brian Harman, Harry Ellis (a)

9:36 a.m. -- Vijay Singh, Satoshi Kodaira, Daniel Berger

9:47 a.m. -- Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Pat Perez, Francesco Molinari

9:58 a.m. -- Danny Willett, Kyle Stanley, Jason Dufner

10:09 a.m. -- Hideki Matsuyama, Patton Kizzire, Paul Casey

10:31 a.m. -- Zach Johnson, Martin Kaymer, Branden Grace

10:42 a.m. -- Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood

10:53 a.m. -- Sergio Garcia, Justin Thomas, Doc Redman (a)

11:04 a.m. -- Bubba Watson, Henrik Stenson, Jason Day

11:15 a.m. -- Patrick Reed, Charley Hoffman, Adam Hadwin

11:26 a.m. -- Billy Horschel, Chez Reavie, Cameron Smith

11:37 a.m. -- Sandy Lyle, Si Woo Kim, Doug Ghim (a)

11:48 a.m. -- Trevor Immelman, Ian Poulter, Patrick Cantlay

11:59 a.m. -- Angel Cabrera, Ross Fisher, Jimmy Walker

12:10 p.m. -- Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Niemann (a)

12:32 p.m. -- Larry Mize, Russell Henley, Shubhankar Sharma

12:43 p.m. -- Bernhard Langer, Tony Finau, Yuta Ikeda

12:54 p.m. -- Charl Schwartzel, Webb Simpson, Yuxin Lin (a)

1:05 p.m. -- Kevin Kisner, Thomas Pieters, Xander Schauffele

1:16 p.m. -- Gary Woodland, Yusaku Miyazato, Tyrrell Hatton

1:27 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Matt Kuchar

1:38 p.m. -- Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm

1:49 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Alex Noren, Louis Oosthuizen

2:00 p.m. -- Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafa Cabrera Bello

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
One of the most competitive Masters in a long time. I can't be having Tiger as he can't get the ball off the tee but then again he hardly ever has apart from when he hits the stinger. Justin Thomas is my idea of the winner as he is the best golfer in the world right now in my humble opinion and have already backed him at 20/1. He has the long game, the short game and his wedge play is simply stunning. I have been backing and laying for a few months, some would call it filthy arbing, and have nice four figure risk free bets on Phil Mickelson who has hit form again at 50/1, Bubba Watson ditto at 66/1, Rickieeee Fowler 33/1 not sure he will ever fall over the line in a major though. Also have Jason Day and Alex Noren on my side.

A decent special - Paddy Power and BFSB are 2/1 about a hole in one on the 16th hole on Sunday, if anyone finds they can get any more than a fiver on with either of those:facepalm: They are also 6/4 a hole in one on 16 at any time. Seven of the last fourteen years have had a hole in one on 16 and the Sunday pin is always designed for a hole in one, there were three in 2016 and one last year. Getting a decent bet on will be more problematicv than some finding a hole in one:rolleyes:

Looking forward to wall to wall coverage....oh:nono:

I am still surprised that none of the powerful US TV Corporations haven't found a way to get around Augusta with this. It must be worth a FORTUNE for anyone who can do it.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Gone £5 ew on Rickie Fowler and Patrick Reed. I know f all about golf :moo:. I have found the winner twice though.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Paul Casey 33/1

Ryan Moore 125/1

Each way 8 places

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I’m on De Chambeau, Bubba and three of the form European Tour outsiders Fritelli, Li and Sharma.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Had both Garcia and Rose e/w last year and I'm going for Rose again. He always does well at Augusta (apart from when he shanks it in the trees in the play-off)...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Garcia @ 28s
Rahm @22s
Duffner@160s e/w
Johnson@125s e/w

Hmm, I don't bet, and as I said, it a pretty wide field and no harm if you can afford it to keep it a bit more interesting, but I was just wondering - if I were to have a flutter, who would I fancy ?

Difficult, John Rahm was on fire last season, but he's not started this one quite so well. Would love to see Sergio retain it, but I can't see that happening. I always like Adam Scotts' chances, and I'd add the Duff-meister to that too. Rose - maybe, Rory - probably not, Poulter's probably blown himself out the last couple of weeks, but could well go there on a high. Tiger - would be nice, and it seems very capable. Lefty - always has a chance.

If I was going to stick my neck out on 1 person, I'll go with Justin Thomas. There, I said it, that's him fooked !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Alex Noran 45/1
Marc Leishmann 50/1
Tyrrell Hatton 70/1
Russell Henley 100/1
Tony Finau. 90/1
All each way

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
As this nonsense will no doubt be on the TV constantly for the next 4 days and i know nothing whatsoever about golf i shall have 50p E/W on on the housewives favorite Kiradech Aphibamrat at a rather tempting 90-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here