Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Two shootings in north London - 17yo girl dead

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pathetic failure of successive governments to legalise drugs. As drug use becomes more prevalent the money to be earned from it increases and the violence used to control it becomes worse. Until we wake up realise this is a war that cannot be won. People will continue to die, both from the drugs themselves and from gang related violence.

More aggressive stop and search would help but only taking the huge incentive away from dealing will make a significant difference.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I heard an ex gang member talking on the radio, saying there are a number of reasons for knife crime. Most are committed by blacks, but, (his words) you’re not allowed to say that, most are kids from single parent families, but, again , you’re not allowed to say that, a lot are done under the coercion of adults, but, you’re not allowed to say that.
He also said that the cuts to youth clubs, outreach centres, community programs to get kids away from gangs, have had a massive effect. Some of these kids only have the gangs, nobody else gives a toss about them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He also said that the cuts to youth clubs, outreach centres, community programs to get kids away from gangs, have had a massive effect. Some of these kids only have the gangs, nobody else gives a toss about them.

thing is, i grew up in the countryside where there weren't any clubs, "outreach centres", etc and there was no gang violence. we had sense of repercussion for bad behaviour and if you did something and someone saw or knew about it, your parents/police were told about it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I heard an ex gang member talking on the radio, saying there are a number of reasons for knife crime. Most are committed by blacks, but, (his words) you’re not allowed to say that, most are kids from single parent families, but, again , you’re not allowed to say that, a lot are done under the coercion of adults, but, you’re not allowed to say that.

Didn't he mention Donald Trump?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
thing is, i grew up in the countryside where there weren't any clubs, "outreach centres", etc and there was no gang violence. we had sense of repercussion for bad behaviour and if you did something and someone saw or knew about it, your parents/police were told about it.

Maybe, just maybe, there was no gang violence, because there were no gangs?:ffsparr:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The communities in these areas need to take some responsibility as I do not believe they don't know who is in what gang and what the latest grievances are. Rather than inform the police in the hope of bringing an end to the violence they keep schtum for fear of being called a grass. Youngsters need to be stopped and searched, irrespective of their nationality, ethnicity, age. The police have a job to do but they cannot do it alone and they need intelligence gathering within the local community in order for police operations to be successful.

I think they keep schtum more because they don’t want to be burnt out of their homes, or have themselves or their loved ones stabbed, than being called a grass.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Razor gangs in Brighton in the 30s and 40s as depicted by Graham Greene. Who are we to point the finger at London?

Flick knives, teddy boys, mods and rockers, skinheads, punks. Gangs are as old as the hills, and not confined to blacks.

I worked as a council youth worker two evenings a week, on a tough council estate. Give kids something to do, play sport, and get involved, instead of tut tutting and saying 'kids today'. Get them off the streets, and help them, but unfortunately, with some parents, they're doomed from the start.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think they keep schtum more because they don’t want to be burnt out of their homes, or have themselves or their loved ones stabbed, than being called a grass.

That may be right but isn't that just perpetuating the vicious circle for themselves.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That may be right but isn't that just perpetuating the vicious circle for themselves.

In a perfect world, you are right, but, when the Police can’t e trusted ( for various reasons) to keep you and yours safe if you do grass. When the gangs are so pervasive in the areas, that any suspicion that you’ve informed on them is tantamount to a nailed on case proved. Gangs don’t need evidence to be beyond responsible doubt, a rumour is often enough.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

This. This is what helps. Mentoring programs as well - things like Safer London. They are mostly vulnerable kids, who, as you say, need somebody else to give a toss about them.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
This. This is what helps. Mentoring programs as well - things like Safer London. They are mostly vulnerable kids, who, as you say, need somebody else to give a toss about them.

I'd love to agree but most of these gang members are not the type to be part of Youth Clubs or respond to any form of mentoring. Simply they are out of control.
Those who blame the police are so wrong, bring back stop and search, if you have nothing to hide you won't mind being stopped. Most Old Bill have body cameras to protect themselves and those being stopped and searched.
I'm not saying go back to the dark days but the police need to be given greater powers to protect the public from this gangland mentality.
Last, parents need to be able to discipline their kids
The parents must be aware of what is going on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Black on Black . Who really cares ?

Well done. You win the prize for the shittest post ever on NSC.

Your poorly spelled, attention seeking, alt-right-lite threads have been annoying for a good while. You’ve shown your true colours with that nonsense though :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here