Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sunderland....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As good as gone now and to be honest they need to start rebuilding again and league 1 isn't the end of the world to do so.
Never known a club to play such dull defensive football year after year after year:lolol:

Gotta feel for those loyal supporters watching that tripe of negativity and getting the odd rare home win:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I might shed a tear, had I a small onion handy.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Expensive lesson to American owner Ellis Short. All told with the cost of buying the club, then subsidising years of crap, he's pumped in £100m's. Now he's to sell the club for peanuts to a consortium.

KP might be interested.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Coleman must be regretting leaving the Wales job to join this basket case of a club but his bank balance has probably improved somewhat.

He totally chose the wrong job – if he'd waited a few weeks (or even months) he probably could have picked up a role somewhere far better.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I told a Sunderland-supporting friend of mine they'd struggle. He never believed me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
KP might be interested.

More chaos at the Mackems then; he's nuts.

IMG_2520.PNG

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
They may well make it back to the championship but that does not guarantee a revival of form. Just look at Bolton.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
They may well make it back to the championship but that does not guarantee a revival of form. Just look at Bolton.

No comparison. Sunderland are still receiving parachute payments & have an expensive squad on high wages......Rodwell's wages alone would pay the majority of the Bolton wage bill.

Bolton have a squad made up entirely of free transfers & loanees, were under a transfer embargo last season & had a wages cap added to that last summer. Getting promoted last season was a miracle & just staying up this season would match that achievement !!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Gus managed to sign Rodwell while he was there on a 5 year 18M contract on top of his 10M fee. Maybe that was the type of ceiling he was looking for :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here