Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Accrington owner asked to explain to the FA the contract breaking crime of buying burgers

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
do people want the EFL to apply their rules or not? overlook a round of burgers, then what happens when its a round of Lambos or other inducement. if you're OK the rules are interpreted on a case by case basis, cant complain when they aren't applied. :shrug:

I cant be sure if you are joking or not, I think you aren't

I cant see Accrington Stanley offering their players Lambos for a win, even if it was the FA cup final. And well prem players will just buy their own Lambos, I cant see the EPL kicking off at Guardiola buying a round of Big Macs (or him indeed tweeting it). Yeah rules are rules and all that but sometimes common sense should prevail. Sometimes rules can just be a little bit overlooked surely, I mean was this good use of anyones time/money

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
do people want the EFL to apply their rules or not? overlook a round of burgers, then what happens when its a round of Lambos or other inducement. if you're OK the rules are interpreted on a case by case basis, cant complain when they aren't applied. :shrug:

We're talking around £7 per player each time - even HMRC don't bother with that as it comes under the allowable level you can spend to without it becoming a benefit in kind. I'd have some sympathy ( only a very very very small amount mind ) with the EFL's stance if they actually bothered to enforce all their rules properly - i.e. QPR, fit and proper. Hopefully this chairman will just ignore their diktat.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I cant be sure if you are joking or not, I think you aren't

I cant see Accrington Stanley offering their players Lambos for a win, even if it was the FA cup final. And well prem players will just buy their own Lambos, I cant see the EPL kicking off at Guardiola buying a round of Big Macs (or him indeed tweeting it). Yeah rules are rules and all that but sometimes common sense should prevail. Sometimes rules can just be a little bit overlooked surely, I mean was this good use of anyones time/money

not joking at all. you accept rules "just be a little bit overlooked", thats ok dont cry when the "little" becomes a lot because the precedent has been set.

reapplying fit and proper rules, they do apply them they just arent as strict as people would like. cant ban owners just because they've been accused of something in a far away land, or just because they arent popular. the rules are light because they have to align with company law, because they dont want a situation where they ban a legal directorship, face a legal challenge holeing the rules. which is why they follow up on this trivial breach, because if they dont the applying the rules on a serious breach will be more difficult legally, the first defence will be they dont apply the rules equitably and therefore discriminatory.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
not joking at all. you accept rules "just be a little bit overlooked", thats ok dont cry when the "little" becomes a lot because the precedent has been set.

reapplying fit and proper rules, they do apply them they just arent as strict as people would like. cant ban owners just because they've been accused of something in a far away land, or just because they arent popular. the rules are light because they have to align with company law, because they dont want a situation where they ban a legal directorship, face a legal challenge holeing the rules. which is why they follow up on this trivial breach, because if they dont the applying the rules on a serious breach will be more difficult legally, the first defence will be they dont apply the rules equitably and therefore discriminatory.

I hope they are being investigated now for receiving milk from the local Asda

But it is certainly not something the club hides from, so when some local Asda employees and a photographer turned up at the stadium unannounced to try to plug their milk they were welcomed in.

Commercially, Accrington get nothing, says Bowerbank, but they do hope the supermarket shifts a few extra pints of milk.

"If the community want to get behind the football club like that, it's great," he added. "What we got was milk to make a few brews for the players and enough to last us the week."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here