Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Cup final against Huddersfield?

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
oh yes it is.

So they've got Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City still to play after us. If we draw, they're still be 3 points behind us, (with a significantly worse goal difference - so 4 points) and 5 left to play.

Southampton and Stoke both have challenging run ins and West From have gone.

How, based on that, is it a "Must win"?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have done the predictor and can’t see the bottom 3 changing. Hope that turns out to be true!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need to beat Huddersfield, and then we can go into the Palace game with no lingering worries about relegation.

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
As discussed there is a chance we will stay up remaining on the points we already have. Huddersfield is an important game but it’s not and won’t be an f.a. Cup final. Just look at the returned Huddersfield tickets for starters.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As discussed there is a chance we will stay up remaining on the points we already have. Huddersfield is an important game but it’s not and won’t be an f.a. Cup final. Just look at the returned Huddersfield tickets for starters.

Argus saying Huddersfield only bringing 1,400 fans. http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Poor effort from them in such a big game. We sold out our allocation there in early December in the snow (2,500?).

We need to make some serious noise on Saturday and help the team out. UTA!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Just don't lose , and this will probably reflect how the game goes with 2 teams scared of defeat both trying to play on the counter , the midfield heat map will be scorching the grass , i don't think there's a lot between the two teams although on paper we look much stronger going forward , the thing is actually doing it , i hope Izquierdo doesn't go into his shell and try to over pass compensate for his perceived error v Leicester , i like how he plays , sees a chance and wallop goes for it , this often ends with the corner flag quaking in it's roost , but when it comes off ! boy oh boy does it not warm the cockles of ones heart , i hope he stays brave and continues to go for it with just a dash more awareness of what's around him .

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Argus saying Huddersfield only bringing 1,400 fans. http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Poor effort from them in such a big game. We sold out our allocation there in early December in the snow (2,500?).

Relatively small town though with Leeds and Bradford on their doorstep... Im sure the 1400 that travel will make a lot more noise than a lot of the bigger teams at the Amex this season. I was close to the Leicester fans on sat and fwiw i thought they were really quiet overall with very limited chants. The north seemed a little subdued but you could still hear a lot more from the north in comparison to leicester.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

look ....we owe the flat cap wearing , pigeon fancying , whippet bashing , mush pea eating , cousin marrying yorkshire twatts a fecking good hiding ....and what better time to do it , so stop sitting on the furking fence and adopt the idea that this is the most important game of the season....my view only , this is a must win game , and it's there to be had so lets flipping do it...ffs...!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
People who think Southampton have a tough run in should remember only two of the teams they are due to play out of the seven have anything to play for (Leicester and Swansea)

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
They looked toothless against us a couple of weeks back at their place. I reckon 2-0 to you lot.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
People who think Southampton have a tough run in should remember only two of the teams they are due to play out of the seven have anything to play for (Leicester and Swansea)

With each place in the EPL worth around £2m, and bonus structures reflecting this, this argument is, frankly, a nonsense.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Meanwhile, Albion will have more than 1,000 extra fans for Saturday’s key home game against Huddersfield.

So does that mean another block in the South Stand (S1D?) will go on sale between now and Saturday then? They better get a move on if they want to shift 1000 tickets!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Meanwhile, Albion will have more than 1,000 extra fans for Saturday’s key home game against Huddersfield.

So does that mean another block in the South Stand (S1D?) will go on sale between now and Saturday then? They better get a move on if they want to shift 1000 tickets!

Nope, already gone.

A further 500 went on sale earlier in the week, they've sold out now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here