Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea fans - you're a disgrace

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I despair. I really do. God gave us British the two greatest hand gestures in the world - the V-sign and the w*nker sign and yet there's people who prefer the single finger insult. Have a look at this...green is good, red is bad.

v12.jpg

Yellow is God know's what they're up to. We've got a bloke giving a V-sign with two fingers together, another one shaking both fists and someone else giving it the Alvin Stardust treatment. The least said about the "hold me back" bloke, the better.

Come on people, sort it out. Two fingers good, one finger bad. It's not rocket surgery.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I fear the good old J Arthur sign could be on the wane. Sad times indeed.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Depends where you are in the world at the time. Two fingers would have been better than the one finger that led to a car chase in Riyadh in 1995. I obviously misread the significance.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I always quite liked this effort:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For any kids out there unsure of the correct football etiquette, take a moment to enjoy this masterclass from an Aston Villa fan. This is how it's done. Note the way that he goes from one gesture to the next in one fluid movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_J6tOOCH1Q

Poetry in motion.

That's brilliant. It's just a pity that geezer doesn't apply a fraction of the energy he uses with his hands to his considerable girth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Depends where you are in the world at the time. Two fingers would have been better than the one finger that led to a car chase in Riyadh in 1995. I obviously misread the significance.

I'm well aware that Johnny Foreigner has his own finger-based insults and giving the thumbs up in places like Greece could land you in difficulties but this is Great Britain. We fought wars to win the right to flick Vs at footballers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My mother was Italian but because brought up partly in London she could flick the V’s brilliantly. We were all very proud of her in the family.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And to prove that I'm doing my bit to keep the ancient art of flicking Vs alive...

15607_10153136462600236_4297633895196073959_n.jpg

One day, when my youngest has children, they will all flick Vs together at the Bournemouth fans because it's their birthright. Brings a lump to my throat just thinking about it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Melanie Sykes right in the middle of that lot.
Or am I playing the wrong game?

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, YES, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,No,

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I despair. I really do. God gave us British the two greatest hand gestures in the world - the V-sign and the w*nker sign and yet there's people who prefer the single finger insult. Have a look at this...green is good, red is bad.

v12.jpg

Yellow is God know's what they're up to. We've got a bloke giving a V-sign with two fingers together, another one shaking both fists and someone else giving it the Alvin Stardust treatment. The least said about the "hold me back" bloke, the better.

Come on people, sort it out. Two fingers good, one finger bad. It's not rocket surgery.

You'll probably find there's an awful lot of athiritis going around at Chelsea, given those dodgy hand gestures!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
A young Paul Merton in the centre of the front row and Dumbledore on his day off half way up the right hand edge. I had him down as an Albion fan but I guess he sees enough magic in his day job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here