Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Argus literally fool for Kemp Town Line April Fool .....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The bridge over Hartington Road had the most beautiful brickwork I've ever seen - sloping across the road, and sloping with the hill, bricks at 45 degrees to the horizontal on one side of the road, seamlessly merging into 45 degrees to the horizontal (but the other way up) on the other side of the road - how the hell they worked that out I will never know, but it was brilliant.
My (then teenage) Dad travelled on the last regular passenger service in 1932. I've still got his ticket.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd love to have gone through that tunnel as well as over the Lewes Road viaduct.

Myself and a few friends used to 'play' on the Hartington Road end of that viaduct when it was being demolished. No fear (or sense) in children!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Myself and a few friends used to 'play' on the Hartington Road end of that viaduct when it was being demolished. No fear (or sense) in children!

Likewise a few years later on the Lewes Road viaduct. Access through a yard via a rickety stairwell. Much joy and ignorance of the dangers of going to the east edge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here