Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So todays Ref Chris Kavanagh

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Schmeichel is not the first goalkeeper at the Amex this season to begin time-wasting from the start. I've seen Ryan do it too, in away matches.

But Schemichel's routine was a joke yesterday - always walking to the other side of the penalty area - taking time to spot the ball - walking backwards to kick his boots against the post twice - walking back a bit more - stopping to check if the ref was taking any notice - and finally, finally kicking it. About 45 seconds to a minute every time.

We got time back with 5 minutes at the end - but this needs to be stopped from becoming a norm in the game.

Absolutely, every team including us does it but refs just need to be stronger and, whereas a refs job can be very difficult, this is dead easy to manage. One warning and then a yellow. Easy.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Error Strewn and a sizeable chunk of free kicks (either way) were lame to say the least. Never a penalty (excellent swallow dive) and never a sending off (felt for the lad).

That said their nonsense balanced out over the game I felt so hey-ho. Probably a good indicator as to why we are not taking any officials to the World Cup.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At the time I thought the second yellow was for the (comical) reaction to the free kick rather than the foul itself

The reaction came when he saw the ref reaching for his pocket. That one did seem harsh but he got the other yellows spot on. Still can't make my mind up about the pen. Izzy was sandwiched between the two defenders, there must have been contact. Certainly not a blatant dive worthy of a three-game ban which some Leicester fans are claiming!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The reaction came when he saw the ref reaching for his pocket. That one did seem harsh but he got the other yellows spot on. Still can't make my mind up about the pen. Izzy was sandwiched between the two defenders, there must have been contact. Certainly not a blatant diva worthy of a three-game ban which some Leicester fans are claiming!

There absolutely was contact, from Maguire. Izquierdo certainly made the dive more dramatic, but it was also a foul.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I it a three game ban? I thought it was only one game for a sending off for a second yellow as opposed to a straight red

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's difficult to tell from the north stand, but I could have sworn their number 5 was playing Murray on at least for two of his flags.

East stand: two out of three called against Murray were right. One wasn't which was a big chance. Vardy was offside for the second goal in the build up. Interfering with play in my book.

Leicester were tactical foulers* and their defenders trying to make their deliberate fouls look innocuous. Nailed on penalty and a red card in its own right from the east stand with an uninterrupted view. I thought Izzy would score!

*Some of the worst tactical foulers I've ever seen (worst than Chelsea!) even though some were incompetence. Very annoyed with their play.

Last edited:

biddles911

May 12, 2014
And that probably explains why we have not refs going to the world cup!!

Morgan was frequently giving Murray a bear hug but nothing given.

I noticed that too. Murray’s hardly a shrinking violet going for headers but was blatantly wrestled to the ground several times by Morgan without any action from the ref....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
East stand: two out of three called against Murray were right. One wasn't which was a big chance. Vardy was offside for the second goal in the build up. Interfering with play in my book.

Leicester were tactical foulers* and their defenders trying to make their deliberate fouls look innocuous. Nailed on penalty and a red card in its own right from the east stand with an uninterrupted view. I thought Izzy would score!

*Some of the worst tactical foulers I've ever seen (worst than Chelsea!) even though some were incompetence. Very annoyed with their play.

Seen the highlights now. Looked a fairly clear pen, but Izquierdo dived as well just to make sure. Wouldn’t be a red and a pen though.

Agree re the tactical fouling, but we need to smarten up a bit too. Most PL teams do this better than us (for example taking a yellow to stop a breakaway). We’ve started to do this a bit more recently.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The female assistant made the first mistake, ball coming off the Leicester player on the floor and what seemed like minutes whilst the ref looked at the lino who looked at the ref before she guessed. At that point I expected all around me (E3E) to start all the sexist stuff but it was only about the lino not about her being a female.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here