Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever bumped into someone you know?

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
On a bus in Iceland (not the mum's gone to one) touring round and the bloke who had sold me a washing machine the week before in a shop in Hove got on.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Disneyland Paris, was sitting in the restaurant and spotted my boss across the room. Had to go say hello as he was supposed to be on sick leave with flu! Got a decent rise that year, no idea why ;)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not the place ,but more the person

Ex-step mother at Old Trafford cup game 92 ish

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
When I was about 12 , we were on hoilday in Cofu and we bumped into my mums boss

I hope she had booked time off and not taking a sicky.. :) Also, do they not talk to each other at work. "Boss, I want to take two weeks of in August" "I'm off then, going anywhere nice?"

I went to Vegas for a wedding and went on a different day to the bride and groom. We just said that we would meet up once there but made no specific arrangements. Walking through Miracle Mile my wife wanted to go into a Pandora shop.inside was a mate from my local who was drunk at 10am as he had just won £500! We had no idea each other were going to Vegas. Walked out of the shop and bumped into the bride and groom.

Another occasion was very strange. On holiday on the beach in Majorca and started talking to a couple next to us and they live in Coventry where my wife is from. Turns out when my wife was 3 and lived in Coventry this woman lived in the same street and used to play with my wife's older sisters 22 years earlier!

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Got on a plane ready to return from New York.Woman next seat but one to me was an old teacher from high school.
(To my horror)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This has happened to me loads, I’ve bumped into people I know in Majorca, Sydney, Ibiza plus a student I taught walking around the lakes in Solvenia and a mate in a bar in Malta. All random.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Staten Island Ferry, NYC. They were getting off as we were watching it come in. Even more bizarrely - they had told me a few
weeks previously they were off to the US (to New Jersey) and I'd said jokingly - 'maybe see you there then'! But we weren't
mates as such and so I thought nothing more of it.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
In 1967 in Stockholm took a girl to dance in a club. Dancing in front of me was a good mate of mine. So surprised he never mentioned he was going over to Stockholm too.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Specsavers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hope she had booked time off and not taking a sicky.. :) Also, do they not talk to each other at work. "Boss, I want to take two weeks of in August" "I'm off then, going anywhere nice?"

Always strikes me as one of odder expressions in the English language. Always feel like saying "No, I thought I'd try somewhere shit this year"

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hustling for a taxi at Amman airport in Jordan, bumped into an old work colleague who was doing a project out there and meeting his wife who was visiting. He took us to a cracking Lebanese restaurant the following night.

Got on a ski chairlift in France and realised we were sat next to the daughter of friends in Lewes.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
On a bus in Iceland (not the mum's gone to one) touring round and the bloke who had sold me a washing machine the week before in a shop in Hove got on.

Similarly on the ferry to France we bumped into a couple from Market Harborough who sold us a fireplace the week before.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Was tapped on the shoulder getting off a paddle wheeler in New Orleans and a voice said "What are you doing here?". It was a woman who lived three doors away, who I vaguely knew

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Oo-oo...pick me, pick me...

I was on the off ramp from LAX , driving a hire car..just got onto the freeway and into a jam when I hear this bus next to me honking his horn and saw the driver gesticulating at me. I wound down the window and realised the guy driving the bus was a lad I was in class with in my school in Liverpool! Peter King...his cousin is the Bass player (woody) from Madness btw.

What was even more mad was that I lost my cherry to his sister in 1987!

The other one was, after spending six months on a kibbutz, and being the only Brit there I got off a ferry on the Red Sea and the guy helping passengers off was a bloke I used to play pool with in Liverpool.

Meeting scousers all over the shop shouldn't be a surprise as pretty much everyone under 25 left there in the 80s because of unemployment at home but it's still a long shot to bump into these characters in far flung places. Especially as the two events happened in the same 12 months

I've had nothing like it since.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
In a bar in Zakynthos, Baz, who I played darts with in the Brewery Tap.
On Honeymoon in Tenerife, Mick, a fellow BT engineer.
On a tube train in London, Alison, who was my team leader at Amex

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I went to Saudi Arabia on a contract in 1979. Whilst sorting the desk out I found out the previous incumbent was my best mate when growing up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here