Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Where is the strangest place you have ever bumped into someone you know?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I bumped into the Lion Man himself, Dave Day in a pub on the Isle of Wight when I was on a short break there with wifey.
He said he was looking into maybe buying the pub and bought me a pint.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Did a year travelling around Australia in my early 20s - working in a hotel cafe and in walks someone from senior school who sat behind me in Miss Cowls form - shared the same surname as me as well.

Miss Cowl, the music teacher, was my form teacher when I was at school as well.
How old are you, we might just know each other !

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I bumped into Paul McShane, the summer he was given our player of the season, in Ibiza on my very 1st day when I went out there alone.
He was with Ebanks-blake. They must've thought I was a right loser with how I was stunned to have seen him plus shaking his hand thanking him for that goal against Palace (which looks like he didn't even score)

Another one, I was on the needles chair lift on the Isle of wight and my headmaster of my primary school went straight past me on the chair lift going the opposite direction. We managed a wave.

I bumped into 2 school friends (twins) out in Florida literally at the entrance of the Magic Kingdom Disney world.

I also bumped into a friend I lived with out in Ibiza, walking around Amsterdam.

This one is clutching the straws but I sat behind Paul Dickov on a flight to Amsterdam (different occasion). Considering he was Ex Brighton and a footballing name I found funny as a kid, It was an honour to have sat right behind him.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
About 3 years ago, the Captain of the Virgin 747 taking me back to work in Miami was an old ship-mate (Harrier Pilot) from 93.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ex bird was getting married in the same hotel in Barbados as me. Couldn't believe it

This raises a few questions. Was the flame still burning? Who was more p'd off, you or her, or probably your Mrs? Sounds like a nightmare! :)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Several times when I was backpacking in 1997/98. Boat trip on Sydney harbour, the barman was a guy I'd worked with at Safeway in Crowborough when we were still at school. Lunch break in Sydney, sat down in a square to watch some live music, girl from my year at school sat down next to me. Also in Sydney, walking back from work towards the harbour, took a different route from usual as the road was closed, bumped into 2 sisters I knew from Crowborough. In Cairns, another guy from school turned up at the same hostel. Hadn't seen any of these people for 4/5 years.

All of these randoms meets got me thinking, how often do you have near misses with people you have met before ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Miss Cowl, the music teacher, was my form teacher when I was at school as well.
How old are you, we might just know each other !

Strange woman - always remember her going all fluttery every time Mr Orells walked in ! I'm 48 this week - if I remember correctly from previous posts you're a little older than me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I played in a five a side team for about 6 months in 2016, up to July. I then got married in July and flew on honeymoon to Riviera Maya in Mexico.

As me and the newly-crowned Mrs Mejona stepped foot into the sky blue ocean 30 minutes after arriving, we immediately heard "Mejona! Mejona!"

Turned to my left and there was one of the guys from this 5 a side team....on the first day of his honeymoon, having got married the same day as us.

Weirdly only saw them once for the rest of the time. The bad thing was, when we bumped into each other I could not for the life of me remember who he was having basically been awake for 20 hours and lashed with champagne (someone's doing well)....so never introduced him. Thank GOD my wife worked this out and never asked "are you not going to introduce me?".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here