Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Games 31/03/18 - 01/04/18

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Arsenal's few years of real success up to 2004 drew in loads of fairly well off new supporters from SE England. I know quite a few blokes who as adults and their families who first got into Arsenal in the George Graham and early Wenger years, living in Brighton and Hove, who shared Emirates ST's. They're gradually getting fed up after 14 years since of disappointments, famous humiliations and decline at £2,000 per ST, with a long day by train to get to the Emirates from down here. Some are reluctantly getting into the Albion as their second team, getting Amex ST's.

Our gain I suppose.

Errrrr,well,no.

The Amex I'm sure is filled with many fans from the top clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funnily enough I actually have Quick-Step flooring throughout the entirety of my bungalow yet I had no idea whatsoever that I was a fan of a cycling team.

Funny old world eh? :lolol:

:lol:

I drive a Honda so I must be an avid supporter of the National Hockey League's (NHL) All-Star Game of which Honda are the title sponsor.

But I didn't buy that new so maybe I'm not a supporter.
Although I'd like another car, and I'd like that to be Honda as well, so Shirley that still makes me a supporter of the All Star Game :shrug:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NO ONE ever comes clean and admits that, even in a poll.
Other than BG, of course, even when he's explaining how he isn't he still does.

Gotta admire that honesty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He won't come clean, but strangely pops up at the slightest mention of the redeveloped WHL, of Kane, Alli, Poch or a Spuds win.

No he has done, he has said words to the effect of 'I've followed Spurs for over 60 years, looking for their results and enjoying their style of play'.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Other than BG, of course, even when he's explaining how he isn't he still does.

Gotta admire that honesty.

I let my Seagulls Player subscription wind down before this season started (due to all the problems with it) and haven't renewed.

Since leaving Brighton and Hove and being exiled in the Midlands my Player subscription has been my only financial contribution to the club.

I follow every Albion game without fail via match thread/stream/TV/radio. Everything else goes by the wayside while the boys are in action.

Since Mr Grandad's revelation if anybody asks me who I support from now on I shall resolutely declare "NOBODY!" :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No he has done, he has said words to the effect of 'I've followed Spurs for over 60 years, looking for their results and enjoying their style of play'.

The first clues I got, but perhaps I read too much into them were:

'Bill Nic came to me and said shall I sign that Dave Mackay youngster?"

"Irving Scholar asked me how we might evade half the PAYE on Gary Stevens earnings? Whilst I was fitting a new wet room at his north London mansion."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first clues I got, but perhaps I read too much into them were:

'Bill Nic came to me and said shall I sign that Dave Mackay youngster?"

"Irving Scholar asked me how we might evade half the PAYE on Gary Stevens earnings? Whilst I was fitting a new wet room at his north London mansion."

For a while it made sense to me that he was actually Trump.
But the moment he admitted he 'has been a fan of Spurs for 60+ years', everything, mainly the constant negativity towards the Albion all made sense.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For a while it made sense to me that he was actually Trump.
But the moment he admitted he 'has been a fan of Spurs for 60+ years', everything, mainly the constant negativity towards the Albion all made sense.

"As I've told you all so many times, never a Spuds fan or supporter, the Albion's my only club. I just have a passing interest in their results after making great personal friends in Stevens, Ardiles, Hoddle, Perryman and Lineker. That's all".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not Premier League (by a long stretch) but I see Sunderland's revival lasted all of one game. Thumped at home by Sheffield Wedslol.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I saw that. The £30m team beat the team that stunk out the top 2 divisions. I thought they might come crashing back down against the millionaires from Massive.
The last two results for Massive make them safe from relegation. The natives up here have been shitting it recently. Which has been most amusing as they were supposed to "kick on like Brighton" after screwing up the playoffs again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
£30m squad, bottom half, 15 league losses and a minus GD. Chansiri's wasted his dosh.
Indeed. It's absolutely hilarious to see the confusion and despair of the Wednesday [emoji23] fans who were convinced promotion was nailed on after he took over (and liked to tell everyone so).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. It's absolutely hilarious to see the confusion and despair of the Wednesday [emoji23] fans who were convinced promotion was nailed on after he took over (and liked to tell everyone so).

The football world took note as Wednesday fans labelled their club Massive, it being their rightful destiny to be restored to their historical status as .... trophy-less floaters between divisions, with wildly fluctuating gates from a fickle fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here