Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Missed a penalty and a one-on-one and kept misplacing passes.
We had twice the amount of chances & shots but didn't score.
His form was fantastic a few weeks ago, but rubbish today. Can't really argue with that can you.

You’re normally a fair debater, so let’s hear each others point of view. Murray on his own was up against new England international Maguire who’s young, pacey, a giant and at the top of his game, plus seasoned winner Morgan. I thought he did OK despite all that. Murray is 34, slow and knackered come 60 minutes. With Ulloa unable to play, CH kept him on, which I personally thought at the time was a mistake, but what do I know compared to CH? Regarding the penalty I’ve seen PL greats Lampard and Gerrard have them saved, it happens. They weren’t hung out to dry by their fans. I’d rather he’d smashed it down the middle, again just a personal view.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Considering how few tickets were left on sale last week, I cannot believe how many empty seats there were.
Despite that, gutted at today's result where I really thought we were worth a point.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And the award for most frustrating game of the season goes to....

No way did we deserve to lose that. Leicester were poor. Unlucky Albion.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There is the benchmark for you.
Besides a handful of clubs, the only difference between the rest and the championship, is putting away your chances when you get them.
Never mind, on to the next game

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There is the benchmark for you.
Besides a handful of clubs, the only difference between the rest and the championship, is putting away your chances when you get them.
Never mind, on to the next game

So true. Look at the FA Cup game at Old Trafford. 12 shots to United's 1 in the second half. They scored with their one effort. Very similar story today.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We weren't poor IMHO, we were unlucky. Two big chances for each, they took both of theirs and we (Murray) missed both of ours.

If we play like that against Huddersfield next Saturday we win.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hugely annoying game. Apart from Stoke, I thought they were the most cynical side we’ve seen all season. Time-wasting from the start and, as having all 4 defenders plus their screening midfielder on yellow cards showed, determined to deny us any momentum by any means.

Frustrating that we couldn’t mount more meaningful attacks but, when they’re killed at source by players being repeatedly hacked down, it’s difficult.

Cries out for a strong ref and Chris Kavanagh certainly isn’t that. Arguably even got the red card wrong so at least he was hopeless, rather than wilfully biased.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Oh well. Only managed to get to watch the 2nd half really. Not too many complaints just one of those games. Bong looked a bit unsure of himself (didnt see,m to know where to put a throw in, might have done better with their first goal) Cant really complain that he didnt score, would have been nice for him though.

hey ho, bring on the 'udds

Bong was probably our man of the match. Brilliant performance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reasonable performance and undone by two people being Murray's very poor penalty and CH mistake with substitution .

Agree about the subs. I said after 65 minutes that dead on his feet Muzza should have come off. Too tired by that stage to even play the target man. CH is really stubborn about prompt subs compared to other managers.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
What was Chris playing at yet again , poor subs and too late again , every time he tries going for a draw it backfires I understand maybe away from home but not at home, shocking performance, Chris gets a 4 out of 10 from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here