Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ray Wilkins 'fighting for life' after heart attack

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anybody who plays for Chelsea and Man Utd and still is well respected and liked equally by fans shows what a decent sort he is. Let’s hope he pulls through.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Sky sports news just said it happened on Wednesday yet it only hit the news last night I'm guessing?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was listening to him on TalkSport one morning last week, and thought that he didn't sound his old-self. I was aware of his last drink driving incident.

I hope he recovers from this. A gentlemen, and a rarity in that he stood up to Abramovic (told him to get out of the Chelski dressing room when he came in to meddle).

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Hope he recovers soon. Remember that awful game in the 90s where it all got a bit mad and one of our fans ran on the pitch and started pushing him. Links with the club too with his brother Dean who played for us for several years. I hope you make a speedy recovery Ray.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Listening to the Alan Brazil show with guest Ray Wilkins, you think only 1 person will have a serious health problem.

Keep fighting Ray, and AB is a legend just being still here.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Met him at the County Cricket ground a few years back where he was doing a Q&A. Had a lot of time for everyone, and spoke highly of the Albion, even in light of his brother's sacking. Came across really well and talked sense. Get well soon, Ray.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Older posters might, like me, recall some a cracking goal he scored that featured in the opening credits of The Big Match way back when. This was before he morphed into 'the crab'. He seemed like a very genuine guy - dignified, kind and generous in his comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here