Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ray Wilkins 'fighting for life' after heart attack

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
[tweet]979834037937278976[/tweet]

Former England international Ray Wilkins was seriously ill in hospital on Friday night after suffering a cardiac arrest.

Wilkins, 61, who has worked as a pundit for Sky Sports News and talkSPORT over the last week, is understood to have fallen and hit his head after his heart stopped.

He was taken to St George’s Hospital in Tooting, London, where he has been put in an induced coma.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I enjoy his respectful punditry. You would think a former top footballer would be fit as a fiddle. Hope he recovers.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hope he pulls through, always liked him.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Hope he gets well soon. I was stood right in line behind the goal when he scored against us in the 83' Cup Final. He was a recent guest on Albion Unlimited and said that was one of the best goals he ever scored. Even though it was painful at the time I still remember admiring the skill of that goal.
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hope he gets well soon. I was stood right in line behind the goal when he scored against us in the 83' Cup Final. He was a recent guest on Albion Unlimited and said that was one of the best goals he ever scored. Even though it was painful at the time I still remember admiring the skill of that goal.

Me too, all of the above. I remember screaming 'Watch Wilkins!' moments before he received the ball before striking that superb shot. Good luck Ray.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I enjoy his respectful punditry. You would think a former top footballer would be fit as a fiddle. Hope he recovers.

He had a lot booze problems...guessing this played a part. I personally thought he was a bit of a knob, for many reasons, but I hope he pulls through.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This. Hope he recovers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

This. Was sat on the halfway line, right in line. As soon as he hit it the result was inevitable. All the very best to a very good player.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They showed his FA Cup Final goal on BBC Breakfast, I really didn't need to get that early in the morning. Great goal all the same, get well soon Ray

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

I was pretty much in line with the trajectory of that shot and it was in from the minute he hit it. I remember my first thought was 'why doesn't he do that for England' followed closely by thinking that at least we were going to be beaten by a brilliant goal. Really hope he pulls through.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Funny how everyone assumes that ex pro footballers/sportsmen keep up with the lifestyle and training when it is over for them.
One look at Merson should convince you otherwise, I wish him a good recovery, but have the same thoughts as HT as well.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I've always liked his punditry style, states the obvious maybe but prefer it to the histrionics of others. Didn't know he had health problems, thought he always looked in pretty good shape. Get well soon Ray.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Like others I remember his goal at Wembley, and how as soon as he hit it, you just knew it was in, and then I think he jumped over the advertising hoardings.

Great goal, and I really hope 'Butch' pulls through.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Get well soon Ray .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here