Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Derby Way, 2017-18 edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Derby being knocked out of the playoffs by Millwall, who have basically spent nothing at all, would be hilarious.

Anyone but Millwall. Would hate to see them next year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought they were the best team in the league, when they beat us in the play-off’s, that was definitely the loudest I’d heard another teams fans as well. (Felt louder than Boro IMO).

I just wonder if the Wembley play-off’s year was in fact their best chance, and they just won’t make it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Thought they were the best team in the league, when they beat us in the play-off’s, that was definitely the loudest I’d heard another teams fans as well. (Felt louder than Boro IMO).

I just wonder if the Wembley play-off’s year was in fact their best chance, and they just won’t make it now.

Thanks for the memories! That was a high water mark, no doubt! As tight as the first leg was, the second leg was as convincing as I've seen. Last night the reverse. Awful - Not sure why, Rowett never had us playing McClarenesque footy but we were so solid at the back....

Such is life - We'll make it though, at some point, that's inevitable right?!?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would love to see Millwall displace them in the play-offs, would like to see Brizzle and PNE in there too. There'd be clubs who have spent a lot of money, gnashing their teeth at that scenario.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Hope so, for your sake, but is the money running out? How’s the FFP situation?

Rowett seems a good manager, so perhaps he’ll turn it round again.

boik

Thanks for the memories! That was a high water mark, no doubt! As tight as the first leg was, the second leg was as convincing as I've seen. Last night the reverse. Awful - Not sure why, Rowett never had us playing McClarenesque footy but we were so solid at the back....

Probably. And we’ll done for not reacting to the nastiness aimed at the club you obviously love.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]979811737200418817[/tweet]

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hope so, for your sake, but is the money running out? How’s the FFP situation?

Rowett seems a good manager, so perhaps he’ll turn it round again.

Comfortably inside FFP for the moment but no big spending to come which I don't think is a bad thing. Can't wait for us to be rid of some of the baggage from the Clement & Pearson reigns! I hope Mel goes back to his Derby way and does promote from within - We're the top non PL club (from a league table perspective) at U23 and U18 level with 19 players out on loan - Contrary to what Sam Rush says (google it, some of you will enjoy), I think Mel has been too generous and hands off with managers.

Ask me last night about Rowett, I'll tell you f**k him, this is bollocks (beer does that). This morning I hope he gets the chance to clear the decks and form his own squad.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Probably. And we’ll done for not reacting to the nastiness aimed at the club you obviously love.

Cheers! Water of the ducks back - I have no idea how, given their relative success right now, why some Brighton fans feel so bitter about Derby, Palace, Pompey, Southampton, Reading etc etc. Enjoy the moment!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers! Water of the ducks back - I have no idea how, given their relative success right now, why some Brighton fans feel so bitter about Derby, Palace, Pompey, Southampton, Reading etc etc. Enjoy the moment!

Because we are still small time fans supporting a big club.

Old habits die hard.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I don't feel bitter about Derby...... Boro on the other hand.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

I don't think we feel bitter about any of them. Just enjoying looking down on clubs whose fans are full of it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
With no chris martin, my loathing has gone to an apathy towards derby. If it was a toss up between them or boro for the remaining play off place.....I would definitely not be disappointed to smile at a sobbing clayton, or bamford, or friend.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Not bitter, just love watching Derby's £10m's spent on wages/fees for inept football.

In one of the last Derby visits to the Amex, I sat by the Derby fans. Some pissed Derby blokes about 50 years old, verbally started on a Brighton guy well into his 70's sitting completely on his own. The wives of the Derby cowards tried to get their scummy hubbies to stop it, but all to no avail. Plus some other predictable and illegal verbal abuse aimed in general. What a sad set of fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here