Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia or March

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Murray will play and as a natural goalscorer would like to see Locadia instead of March. Not sure however he is used to doing defensive work expected in that position but lets go for it

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
March was possibly our best player for the first 5-6 games this season, unlucky to be dropped and then when brought back he's played on the right where he is clearly not as comfortable/effective. Locadia is a STRIKER, who can apparently play LEFT wing. So we effectively have 2 LEFT wingers and a striker who can play LEFT wing.
If we were going to change it to play Locadia then I'd play Gross on the right and Locadia behind Murray but that is effectively disrupting 2 positions so play March, he knows the position and can/will track back.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
March was possibly our best player for the first 5-6 games this season, unlucky to be dropped and then when brought back he's played on the right where he is clearly not as comfortable/effective. Locadia is a STRIKER, who can apparently play LEFT wing. So we effectively have 2 LEFT wingers and a striker who can play LEFT wing.
If we were going to change it to play Locadia then I'd play Gross on the right and Locadia behind Murray but that is effectively disrupting 2 positions so play March, he knows the position and can/will track back.

My initial thought was Locardia, but you make a compelling counter-argument.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't think Locadia is quick enough to play on the wing with the style we play.

IMO Jose and March are our 2 most effective wingers when they're on form. March's form has definitely been inconsistent this season. His old bad habits have returned with failed crosses and poor decision making, but I've a feeling March will soon adapt like he did in the Championship. If so, March could soon be a top player for us. He definitely has the technical ability. He just needs a good run in the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think Locadia is quick enough to play on the wing with the style we play.

IMO Jose and March are our 2 most effective wingers when they're on form. March's form has definitely been inconsistent this season. His old bad habits have returned with failed crosses and poor decision making, but I've a feeling March will soon adapt like he did in the Championship. If so, March could soon be a top player for us. He definitely has the technical ability. He just needs a good run in the team.

Good post.

However, I’m just not sure we’ll ever be in a position to give players too much of a run to find their form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bad post.

Locadia has pace to burn, that’s why we bought him. He is a forward, not a winger. He’ll only be on the flanks as part of a 4-3-3. March, Knocky & Izzy are much better defenders than Jurgen who simply ‘can’t defend’ according to Dutch commentators.

Megawrong this time buddy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia looked quality at Old Trafford, while March had a poor game. I suspect Locadia will start, and I hope he does.

Would that be the same March who skinned their full back and dropped a pin point cross onto the centre of Locadia's forehead?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here