Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia or March

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. In the match he did a couple of good things, but was largely poor
At Old Trafford in the quarter finals of the FA Cup, United's only chance of silverware this season.

If the players on the end of March's 'couple of good things' had also done a 'couple of good things' the Albion might have secured a massive cup upset.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If Dale Stephens is injured I would like Gross to be bought into Stephens role and Locadia played in the Gross role. If not then Locadia to play on the wing.

I think for the rest of the season Locadia needs to be playing, so that next season he is up and running and hopefully confident. If he doesn't start playing then perhaps he will be spending the summer thinking he has made a mistake. I would prefer him to be playing as a striker though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Back on topic it has to be Locadia. Record signing needs game time. March has been off colour for a while. Maybe down to the role he is asked to play who knows

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Dale Stephens is injured I would like Gross to be bought into Stephens role and Locadia played in the Gross role. If not then Locadia to play on the wing.

How about this one:

Ryan
Schelotto Duffy Dunk Bong
Pröpper Kayal Groß
Locadia Murray Izquierdo

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
How about this one:

Ryan
Pröpper Kayal Groß
Locadia Murray Izquierdo

I like that, but suspect CH will start with March [instead of Locadia], because of his good habit of tracking back. If we are chasing the game in 2nd half he'll bring on Locadia [in place of whoever in the front 3 isn't performing]; and, if we're winning by 3 goals, he'll bring on Locadia with 15 mins to go. Happy days and UTA !

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I cant believe anybody expects or hopes us to play two strikers against a team that play counter attacking football and have the pace of Vardy and Mahrez up front.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How about this one:

Ryan
Pröpper Kayal Groß
Locadia Murray Izquierdo

7 -7 draw.

We could score loads, but would be overwhelmed in midfield.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
How about this one:

Ryan
Pröpper Kayal Groß
Locadia Murray Izquierdo

This is absolutely my preferred line-up - but I think CH will play March and Izzy as natural wide men either side of Propper & Kayal because he will probably want the cover to protect our full backs, particularly because of the Mahrez threat.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Having paid a whacking £14M club record for Locadia we've got to start putting him in the team at some time, surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having paid a whacking £14M club record for Locadia we've got to start putting him in the team at some time, surely?

No rush.
It's not like he's twiddling his thumbs, the longer he training with Gross et Al, away from the spotlight the long term benefits ought to outweigh any, currently unneeded, short term gain.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sorry to join in the chorus, but Locadia is rapid. Although he's done it before, he demonstrated it at Old Trafford, and alongside that pace he showed great movement too.

I thought when we signed him that his speed was said to be one of his plus points and he has certainly looked no slouch.

Bad post.

Locadia has pace to burn, that’s why we bought him. He is a forward, not a winger. He’ll only be on the flanks as part of a 4-3-3. March, Knocky & Izzy are much better defenders than Jurgen who simply ‘can’t defend’ according to Dutch commentators.

Megawrong this time buddy.

I disagree. He looks more of strong physical centre forwards than a speed merchant. He's in the mould of Drogba more than Thierry Henry.

I'm not slating Locadia but I wouldn't call him rapid.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally I felt it showed how much we missed Knockaert's defensive work-rate as Leicester got joy over and over again from their left hand side. Locadia nor March produced that.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Murray will play and as a natural goalscorer would like to see Locadia instead of March. Not sure however he is used to doing defensive work expected in that position but lets go for it

Murray will be lucky to keep his place , should of scored twice , now we have options use them

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought that was hughton's first real mistake I have seen.

I would have taken Murray off, pushed locadia up front and March out on the wing. Locadia is not a winger...he is a big unit that should play bang in the middle up front.

But I can't critisise anyone today. I actually thought that was one of our best performances of the season and at time we were just brilliant...the two goals were sucker punches and one of those things. We are so good at ball control and flicking the ball between each other.

Came away slightly disappointed but all in all, with the results going our way, it sets up the Huddersfield game as if we win it, I reckon we are safe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here