Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand V England 2nd test official match thread

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
7 down. Looks like I'm going to miss the end. Gotta leave for work in 5 mins :down:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well played Kiwis.....proper old-style rearguard effort, helped by crap tactics from England bowling too short.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went to bed with NZ four down and thought "job done". I was staggered to wake up to find we hadn't won, it must take a very special team to fail to win from that position.

Well done to the Kiwis though, that's proper test batting that, bet Geoffrey was loving it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So endeth a tour in which Anderson and Broad bagged 60% of our wickets at 30 apiece while the other 40% went at a price of 72 runs each.

We haven't replaced Strauss, Pietersen or Swann, while we miss Finn hugely. Huge gaps throughout the side.

We'll done NZ for a gutsy last day display.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Since the Australia tour began, England have failed to take all 20 wickets in 7 tests.
84 out of a possible 140.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So endeth a tour in which Anderson and Broad bagged 60% of our wickets at 30 apiece while the other 40% went at a price of 72 runs each.

Since the Australia tour began, England have failed to take all 20 wickets in 7 tests.
84 out of a possible 140.

Anderson's 36 this summer, Broad is younger but has had a few injury problems: I'd be shocked if they were both playing in the Ashes in 2019.

We'll be lucky to take 10 wickets in a match (unless we roll out a load of green-tops)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anderson's 36 this summer, Broad is younger but has had a few injury problems: I'd be shocked if they were both playing in the Ashes in 2019.

We'll be lucky to take 10 wickets in a match (unless we roll out a load of green-tops)

Re comment on Ben brown.

Ha ha , noticed that too. Pretty sure he just plucked a name out of thin air there ! Wells could Defo have a chance if he starts season well

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I fancy the Ashes of 2019 will be Anderson's swansong, but he will need to be managed. He'll surely fancy the winter tour to the West Indies, then a crack at the Aussies, but I can see he might pass on South Africa 2019/20.

What we don't want is for Anderson and Broad to retire at the same time and leave us short, as that could set the side back 2-3 years.

Hopefully Broad can continue until he is 36 at which point Jofra Archer will be able to play test cricket for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here