Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

It will not surprise me if he does play but then it won’t suprise me if he doesn’t either :shrug:

you've read this Icy because you contributed to it so not sure why you still stick to your belief that injury updates by Chris are all attempts to mislead supporters or opponents but here's a list of every single quote from Hughton in press conferences from Sept to Christmas this season about player injuries..the impression that its all inaccurate at best or at worst , lying is a total myth. A total of 30+ updates in the end. All turned out to be correct. I stopped doing it then. :)
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...players-in-contention-for-a-return-on-Sunday/

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stating that the injury updates are vague and often worse than originally intimated is not being entitled and where have I said I am a 1901 season ticket holder so have a right to know more than any other fan?

Where did that comment come from, in fact where have I ever linked having a season ticket and being entitled to know things? You just made that up didn’t you?

You've previously posted about being in the 1901 and you're constantly on the club's case for not telling us about injuries and transfer news. But that wasn't my point. Instead of "you" I probably should have said "one" but I'm not that posh :wink:

All I was doing was giving an example but it's easier, I think, to ask where you do stand if I have misread your posts. Two simple questions: 1) Do you think the club are honest about injuries and 2) Why do you think they should be? (Or do you agree a little vagueness helps keep the opposition guessing).

But let's not lose sight of the real point which many others have put on here this morning. Injuries are hard to assess and can be aggravated or improved unexpectedly. The chances of things changing between two weekly press conferences are pretty high.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He told The Argus: “Dale went away with us.

“We initially felt it was in his hamstring but it is not a hamstring strain.

“Sometimes that can be a little bit neural (nerves). What you have to be able to do is take it easy. Even though in the work he has done he hasn’t been feeling it, it’s going to that next stage.

“He was away with us but at this moment it is probably too big a risk for us to start him.

“We have to do what is right for what he is feeling and we can only get that advice from the medical department.”

Precisely......I happen to be going through something that could be very similar, or completely different, at the moment and two physio sessions have flip-flopped between a tendon issue, a neural issue and a combination of both. When it first happened it felt like one of those ‘2 or 3 day rest’ type niggles, I’m now into week 3. Sometimes the initial diagnosis isn’t right (no-ones fault), the source of the issue is elsewhere (for me, for example, repeated torn calf muscles were due to neural immobility in my neck)

It happens. Changing symptoms, relapses and setbacks, other issues appearing due to overcompensating with other muscles etc etc. CH typically reports what he believes to be correct at the time in my view, but I also think the club is exceptionally cautious with injuries too and won’t risk players that aren’t 100% and risk much longer term/more serious problems. It’s served us pretty well to date.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Precisely......I happen to be going through something that could be very similar, or completely different, at the moment and two physio sessions have flip-flopped between a tendon issue, a neural issue and a combination of both. When it first happened it felt like one of those ‘2 or 3 day rest’ type niggles, I’m now into week 3. Sometimes the initial diagnosis isn’t right (no-ones fault), the source of the issue is elsewhere (for me, for example, repeated torn calf muscles were due to neural immobility in my neck)

It happens. Changing symptoms, relapses and setbacks, other issues appearing due to overcompensating with other muscles etc etc. CH typically reports what he believes to be correct at the time in my view, but I also think the club is exceptionally cautious with injuries too and won’t risk players that aren’t 100% and risk much longer term/more serious problems. It’s served us pretty well to date.

I concur. Injuries are bad news, their going to happen. How that is communicated to the fans is not a concern or an issue that needs to be addressed IMO, too many variables for a 'truth' to be announced. Just trust in the set-up that has got us where we are. :thumbsup:

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Nothing to back this up at all, but would not be surprised if the people who have a go at the club for not being able to predict accurately when a player is going to return from injury are the same people who moaned when the club did not sign a striker in the summer.
Basically people who have no ability to appreciate what complexities might be involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He won't be risked (not CH style) but probably back for Hudds then ☺

Shouldnt you change that from probably to possibly back for Huddersfield then. or even possibly Palace or Spurs

As regards the game v Leicester I wonder if CH would consider playing Rosenior or even Bruno in front of and to protect the back four and thus reduce the affect of Vardy and Mahrez instead of playing Kayal. My son suggested adding Goldsen to the back four to make a 5 and give them a bit more pace as neither Dunk nor Duffy will catch Vardy if he breaks through.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nothing to back this up at all, but would not be surprised if the people who have a go at the club for not being able to predict accurately when a player is going to return from injury are the same people who moaned when the club did not sign a striker in the summer.
Basically people who have no ability to appreciate what complexities might be involved.

Yep, it’s partly a badly misplaced sense of entitlement to know exactly what is going on all the time.........waaaaaaa, I want to know who we’re buying and I want to know NOW !

Forget all the commercial and tactical reasons why the club absolutely wouldn’t want to go public with all this.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep, it’s partly a badly misplaced sense of entitlement to know exactly what is going on all the time.........waaaaaaa, I want to know who we’re buying and I want to know NOW !

Forget all the commercial and tactical reasons why the club absolutely wouldn’t want to go public with all this.

Exactly. Ultimately it keeps the opposition guessing, which ends all other arguments imo. That can only be a good thing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can fully understand with the playing cards close to your chest on signings but in the case of an injury would it not be better just to say that he is being kept under watch and a decision will be made nearer the game. That gives nothing away one way or the other and is 100% truthful.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can fully understand with the playing cards close to your chest on signings but in the case of an injury would it not be better just to say that he is being kept under watch and a decision will be made nearer the game. That gives nothing away one way or the other and is 100% truthful.

Pretty much exactly what CH said yesterday about Dale.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Shouldnt you change that from probably to possibly back for Huddersfield then. or even possibly Palace or Spurs

As regards the game v Leicester I wonder if CH would consider playing Rosenior or even Bruno in front of and to protect the back four and thus reduce the affect of Vardy and Mahrez instead of playing Kayal. My son suggested adding Goldsen to the back four to make a 5 and give them a bit more pace as neither Dunk nor Duffy will catch Vardy if he breaks through.

I don't think anyone will catch Vardy if he breaks through! Maybe Schelotto, but possibly not from his right back position. Just gonna have to stifle the midfield and stop the ball over the top.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think anyone will catch Vardy if he breaks through! Maybe Schelotto, but possibly not from his right back position. Just gonna have to stifle the midfield and stop the ball over the top.

That was why my son said to include Goldson who could slot into the right back position when needed and allow Schellotto to chase Vardy . I think that Bong or Sutner could stifle Mahrez and restrict his supply the problem will be not having Stephens to stop the rest of their midfield. I would be grateful and settle for 1 point tomorrow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here