Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That tweet could mean absolutely anything to be honest. However if it is Dale being out of the picture and we fail to get the 4 points needed from the next two games I'd lump on us going down even from this current position, losing him will kill us.

Yes . . . and no. Your right in that tweet could mean absolutely anything, but as excellent as Dale Stephens is, (and l'm a big fan), wrong in thinking that if we do lose him for the next few games it will kill us. It won't.

Even if we fail to pick up another point this season, there is a chance we will survive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes . . . and no. Your right in that tweet could mean absolutely anything, but as excellent as Dale Stephens is, (and l'm a big fan), wrong in thinking that if we do lose him for the next few games it will kill us. It won't.

Even if we fail to pick up another point this season, there is a chance we will survive.

I wouldnt be so confident of staying up if he doesnt play any more this season as we are a poorer side without him as he is the engine of our team and we have nobody else who can adequately replace him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So has anyone asked his brother what the tweet meant?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought that CH said it was a minor knock and he would possible have been fit for Everton but they didnt want to take a chance.

CH doesn't mis-lead anyone, we just have a terrible medical team that underestimate injuries.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nothing yet?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I haven’t a problem with Kayal and Pröpper ...but if one of them was to be injured and Stephens not fit :facepalm:

Well, Kayal needs to improve on his showing at Everton, which was below the level required and showed clearly the importance of Stephens to the side

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
CH doesn't mis-lead anyone, we just have a terrible medical team that underestimate injuries.

How many bad injuries have this “terrible medical team” been responsible for this season.
1 long term injury (Sidwell) and er, that’s it. Remarkable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well, Kayal needs to improve on his showing at Everton, which was below the level required and showed clearly the importance of Stephens to the side

I thought he did that against MU and I think it’s worth pointing out a number of other players needed to up their game from the Everton match

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep, he's been "outside of training". Zero chance of him playing Saturday I'd say.

Agreed.
Three weeks ( ish ) since he got a slight knock and yet he is still " outside of training " Sounds ominous to me. Not even sure he would be ready for next week at this rate. The management are either downplaying the severity of it, or taking no chances re Huddersfield, which is a must win, wrapping him up in cotton wool for that game.
We all know that the next three games are the realistic targets for securing the points we need to be safe. Stephens is so integral to our side now, that the thought of him missing the next few games is starting to concern me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I thought he DID improve on Everton, when he played against Manchester United in the cup?

Edit: Beaten to it...

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
What is clear is that we are very capable of running a black ops misinformation campaign. I am not necessarily saying that is a bad thing despite an element of discomfort about what it says about communication between club and supporters. If the feeling is that you need to "play it canny" in modern day football then I can live with that. Has it always been the way? Probably...Possibly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here