Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Steady on. Dale's been very good, but I think Ryan, Dunk, Glenn and Gross might be in with a shout as well.

Dale had a poor start as well, but has improved at a rate of knots.

Would go with the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It really doesn’t !!!

It shows we are keeping our cards close to our chest, I doubt it even comes into their mind about some supporters being precious about it

:thumbsup:

.....its football...and we aren't the only club who plays it a certain way.....and by now you would have thought a certain poster would have worked it out......how often have we arrived at the ground only to find someones out injured and its a complete surprise ..just be grown up and accept thats the way we do things and grow up

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a suggestion if Dale is not available How about dropping Gross into his position in the middle alongside Propper and playing Locadia just behind Murray?

Just a thought how about using Kayal who's normal position it is

PS IMHO Pascal is not quick enough to be one of just two!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought how about using Kayal who's normal position it is

PS IMHO Pascal is not quick enough to be one of just two!

Who has been poor when deputising for Stephens. He was good when playing with Stephens but not instead of Stephens and their playing style is totally different. If he must play I would sit him on Mahrez and tell him to stick to him like glue. We would lose any effectiveness of Kayal but not as much as Leicester would miss Mahrez.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No. but as I said it has happened so many times that what was said about the length of time the player would be out so gives that impression. That may not be the case but gives that impression.

Can you give me a specific example from this season. ? I’ve looked for one and I can’t find it. Quote from Hughton and a date. That’s all.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can you give me a specific example from this season. ? I’ve looked for one and I can’t find it. Quote from Hughton and a date. That’s all.

I gave you examples last time this was bought up. Can’t be arsed to find them again but he definitely does it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Who has been poor when deputising for Stephens. He was good when playing with Stephens but not instead of Stephens and their playing style is totally different. If he must play I would sit him on Mahrez and tell him to stick to him like glue. We would lose any effectiveness of Kayal but not as much as Leicester would miss Mahrez.

Poor in your opinion! As you kept on stating after the Utd game.....when he didnt look poor!.....i think a few have said not a good game against Everton...but really who shone in that game? .....personally i think it will be a cagey opening anyway...possibly with Pascal dropping into a midfield three ..but then i'm just guessing....but really drop him and shove Pascal as a two? Pffft..keep taking the tablets :D

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I do think that BG has a point....in that an impression is given..but where the route of that is from is not necessarily the club....you only need one poster on here to say something ..or misinterpret it and its the truth...an example is the bit earlier today re Stephens training...i'm sure if someone concentrated on Baldock they might come up with something.

However, i'd rather the club played it as they do.....and we should be used to it by now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t be arsed to read the whole thread. Is Dale injured or has he recovered from his “minor injury suffered in training about a month ago?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poor in your opinion! As you kept on stating after the Utd game.....when he didnt look poor!.....i think a few have said not a good game against Everton...but really who shone in that game? .....personally i think it will be a cagey opening anyway...possibly with Pascal dropping into a midfield three ..but then i'm just guessing....but really drop him and shove Pascal as a two? Pffft..keep taking the tablets :D

I am biased as I thought that Kayal was good in The Championship but has not been so this season whenever he has appeared probably because I rate Stephens so highly and expect similar from any deputy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here