Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Agreed.
Three weeks ( ish ) since he got a slight knock and yet he is still " outside of training " Sounds ominous to me. Not even sure he would be ready for next week at this rate. The management are either downplaying the severity of it, or taking no chances re Huddersfield, which is a must win, wrapping him up in cotton wool for that game.
We all know that the next three games are the realistic targets for securing the points we need to be safe. Stephens is so integral to our side now, that the thought of him missing the next few games is starting to concern me.

Sorry, as has been pointed out, the tweet actually said he's been "outside training" and my aging eyes misread so hopefully not as bad as all that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I thought that CH said it was a minor knock and he would possibly have been fit for Everton but they didnt want to take a chance.

And now he’s back training as expected and they’re being careful. He’s so far missed one league game this season.
The insinuation that he’s being misleading is ridiculous.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought he did that against MU and I think it’s worth pointing out a number of other players needed to up their game from the Everton match

Felt there was more intensity at Goodison than Old Trafford. Game was played at a different tempo and Kayal felt more comfortable. I do like him and appreciate he hasn't played as regularly as last season. With the addition of Gross and Propper, he is more of a bit player now and not always finding it that easy to slot straight back in.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed.
Three weeks ( ish ) since he got a slight knock and yet he is still " outside of training " Sounds ominous to me. Not even sure he would be ready for next week at this rate. The management are either downplaying the severity of it, or taking no chances re Huddersfield, which is a must win, wrapping him up in cotton wool for that game.
We all know that the next three games are the realistic targets for securing the points we need to be safe. Stephens is so integral to our side now, that the thought of him missing the next few games is starting to concern me.

He’s not “outside of training”
He’s er “outside training” - ie in the rain with everyone else.
Perhaps Hughton and I know this is hard to believe is just telling us er, where they’ve got to.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What is clear is that we are very capable of running a black ops misinformation campaign. I am not necessarily saying that is a bad thing despite an element of discomfort about what it says about communication between club and supporters. If the feeling is that you need to "play it canny" in modern day football then I can live with that. Has it always been the way? Probably...Possibly

Capable except we don’t. He’s given nearly 50 odd updates on player knocks and fitness this season and all have er, turned out to be true.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
How many bad injuries have this “terrible medical team” been responsible for this season.
1 long term injury (Sidwell) and er, that’s it. Remarkable.

I agree...I am sure Burnley, Crystal Palace and Watford would love to have emulated the success/efficiency of Brighton 's medical team this season.

It is well-documented that Palace and Watford have been decimated by injury this season while Burnley have had their worst season in years for injuries and non-availability.

Heaton, Brady, Defour, Ward, Lowton, Wood, Walters, Marney and Wells have all missed/or will have missed at least 10 league games this season.

The Seagulls must be top or near the top for the least injuries. First-rate medical team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
disorderly01.jpg

Izquierdo was seen helping Stephens out to the training ground earlier today.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Only me that hasn't got a Scooby what that tweet is all about?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Doubt he’s going to play but we need more energy anyway with kayal considering Leicester’s attack (Mahrez, innenacho, vardy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I agree...I am sure Burnley, Crystal Palace and Watford would love to have emulated the success/efficiency of Brighton 's medical team this season.

It is well-documented that Palace and Watford have been decimated by injury this season while Burnley have had their worst season in years for injuries and non-availability.

Heaton, Brady, Defour, Ward, Lowton, Wood, Walters, Marney and Wells have all missed/or will have missed at least 10 league games this season.

The Seagulls must be top or near the top for the least injuries. First-rate medical team.

There’s a table of injuries for days out, we are top.

However you were most likely top when you gained promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Been giving the ball away far too often recently

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he was injured, that's good news for the tiny group of posters who reckon he's a liability to the team and a Championship player at best.

Meanwhile .... in the real world.

Unfortunately that group of posters to whom you refer isn't as tiny as it should be. Dale is the man who makes us tick, and when he doesn't play we miss him. That said, with or without him, l think we will have enough to get ourselves safe.

In fact perhaps we already have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here