Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Baseball Season - 2018

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I was in NYC last week for a few days and we planned to see Yankees vs Seattle Mariners - first time at a baseball game. Enjoyed the experience, but found a lot of fans come and go rather than sit and watch the whole game. After 3 hours and a numb arse we decided to leave at the bottom of the sixth with Yankees looking out of sorts down 5-2. Cue Yankees come back in the final innings to win 7-5! DOH!!

All in all a good experience, though the beers in seat were pricey at $28 for 2 x Bud Lights! Tickets a steal at just $10 though. Very different intensity to watching football, but enjoyable all the same.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
As the first half closes, it's hardly been an auspicious one for the Redbirds, culminating in the sacking of Matheny yesterday.
In the UK we would call it "lost the dressing room"

And with no one elected for the all star game, and Yadi our only rep coz Posey is injured, I look forward to a better second half.

P.s. Any Orioles or Royals on here.? 55 wins in the first half.... BETWEEN THEM !

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh the joy of being a Mets fan - got obliterated by the Nationals 25-4, worst ever defeat in their history.

Yankee fans must be loving this

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh the joy of being a Mets fan - got obliterated by the Nationals 25-4, worst ever defeat in their history.

Yankee fans must be loving this

That's a cricket score, that's England Down Under that is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm just numb from the Twins trading my fave Brian Dozier to the Dodgers yesterday, less than an hour before the deadline. His numbers were on the slide a bit, but he was still a huge player for them. At least I had the pleasure of seeing a couple of his 42 homers in 2016 live.

9 prospects brought in, but then its always "jam tomorrow" there.

*sigh*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in NYC last week for a few days and we planned to see Yankees vs Seattle Mariners - first time at a baseball game. Enjoyed the experience, but found a lot of fans come and go rather than sit and watch the whole game. After 3 hours and a numb arse we decided to leave at the bottom of the sixth with Yankees looking out of sorts down 5-2. Cue Yankees come back in the final innings to win 7-5! DOH!!

4 innings to get 3 runs back is very, VERY do-able. The in-play odds are crackers on baseball - 1 hit can change everything, and wipe out a deficit in the blink of an eye. One of the reasons wy its such a great sport to watch (and bet) on.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Amazingly, a week later, Mets are on verge of their biggest ever win tonight. Currently up 23-4 in Top 9th with the Phillies having thrown in the towel a long time ago. Previous record winning margin was 18

24-4 at the end - shame it wasn't 25-4!

Definitely a roller coaster for Mets fans - amazing what a few Philly Cheesesteaks can do for you!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Since sacking Mike Matheny, the Cardinals have been fantastic!
None better than this morning when we complete the first three game sweep against the Dodgers in LA since 2006.
Woke up early in time to watch the 9th and Wow!
A team full of rookies clearly having fun since the dour Matheny was shown the door.
Now leading the wild card and hunting down those Cubs in the central.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a Mets fan it's always nice to see the Yankees lose, to see them lose 16-1 at Yankee Stadium to their arch rivals the Red Sox is even better. Lots of booing from the Yankee faithful - it got so bad back up catcher Austin Romine pitched the ninth. Red Sox lead the ALDS series 2-1.

Yankees will be turning to CC Sabathia tonight to stop the Red Sox clinching it 3-1

Jul 7, 2003
Not really a baseball fan but took the opportunity to watch the Rockies while in Denver the other week and took some interest in their games. Fair to say that they will want me to stop taking an interest as the game I watched they lost 12-2 and every game I have watched on TV they have lost! Sad to see them drop out of post season with a whimper.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Rockies is the best away fan experience I have ever known in MLB.

For this reason I was rooting for them.

Now however, the season is truly over

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Red Sox eliminate the Evil Empire 4-3 and head into the ALCS to do battle with the Astros

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
LAD walk off end of 18th. 1-2 in the series now. Longest WS game ever.

Well played, hated Dodgers!!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
LAD walk off end of 18th. 1-2 in the series now. Longest WS game ever.

Well played, hated Dodgers!!

Two full games in one. The equivalent of “ok, lads, it’s 1-1 at full time. We’ll decide this by playing another 90 minutes now. Off you go.” I wonder how badly/well the Sox will respond to the loss. Mind you, they responded brilliantly to losing a dreadful first game against the Astros.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here