Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should the Foxes really be quite this confident?

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They are former premier league champions, they have the likes of Vardy and Mahrez, they are comfortably above us in the league, and beat us with ease in the return fixture. We are closer to the relegation zone (6 points and 3 goals conceded) than we are to Leicester (6pts and 14gs), we have never won 4 in a row at home in the top division, haven't won since we celebrated a victory over Arsenal as if we'd secure survival and the job is done (just like the job done reaction after beating Wigan last season resulting in no wins in three and failing to win the title despite a 7 point gap over second place), we don't have Stephens, and Knockaert is suspended.

If I were Leicester I'd be confident.

(Actually, I probably wouldn't, I'm naturally quite pessimistic and if I were Leicester I'd be worried about their one win in six and Brighton's home form, but I can see why more positive leicester fans would be)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
A Leicester based local journalist tweeted after we played up there in August that we were the worst Premier League team he'd ever seen, and therefore absolute relegation certainties.

I wish I'd saved the tweet. Even if we were to go down, we'll quite clearly be far from the worst PL team ever.

Good thing no one's sad enough to scroll all the way back to his August tweets to find it....

[tweet]898939064476459008[/tweet]

Maybe, but I'm not sure a single game, two matches into the season, is really a basis for a trained journalist to make that sort of unequivocal declaration.

I thought Arsenal were abysmal when they played at the Amex a few weeks ago, but nobody suggested they were League One quality as a result.

If this is the tweet, I don't see anything about him mentioning us being 'relegation certainties'. Saying 'Don't think I've seen a more incompetent Premier League team' is hyperbolic, and not the best journalism, but we were extremely incompetent that day. We offered absolutely nothing at all - Leicester were completely comfortable the entire match. At the time, we were 'Outclassed'. He doesn't say we can't improve (which we did). He was referring to that particular match. It's nothing to get all worked up about. :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't play particularly well, down to ten men and still walked away 2-0 winners. Yeah, they should have been confident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here