Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Singers who can't sing (or those whose voices you can't stand).

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Liam Gallagher after 2001, shot to pieces. Seems to have gotten a little bit better now. But still very nasally.

Passenger, annoys me.

Tom Delonge.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Posters are simply using this thread to put the boot into people or bands, NOT up their street.
Yes. It's quite possible to acknowledge somebody is a good singer while at the same time disliking the tone or technique of their singing. Conversely you can like a singer's renditions of the songs he sings while at the same time acknowledging they either can't sing or that their singing ability is very limited.
Michael Buble and Rufus Wainwright are both very good singers but I really don't like either of their voices. Mark E Smith wasn't exactly renowned for his vocal abilities but he had the perfect voice for what he did.
Furthermore if you think someone's a complete knob (Morrissey for example) it shouldn't prevent you acknowledging that they can sing. You might not like his voice either but that doesn't mean he can't sing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Kate Bush - can’t stand her voice. I know that this is akin to admitting that you have a second team and that that team is Palace to some, but there it is.

She can write well though.

Wonder if she’s thought of a career as a novelist...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Listening to Radio 2 this morning and they were playing a track from Elton John's new album with popstars playing covers of his song.

"And now, Lady Gaga signing Your Song".

"uh-oh", I thought.

Do you know what. I thought it was really good.

That's because you're used to hearing Elton John sing it. Did I mention that he is bad at singing?

I caught the end of it and was quite impressed that she seemed to be singing "Urine, Urine the world."

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I heard AC DC on the radio this morning and it reminded me why I can’t stand them. Brian Johnson’s voice. Always sounds like his balls are in a vice.

Another who can’t sing but it works is Fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here