Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Singers who can't sing (or those whose voices you can't stand).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Given that he is deaf in one ear, and partially deaf in the other, he's doing well to get out any notes at all.
Makes his decent work on Pet Sounds even more remarkable.

But I guess I would say that, being a big fan!

Well, a number of different members of the Beach Boys sang the lead part on different tracks - to take a few well-known examples, Mike Love on California Girls and Fun, Fun. Fun; Carl Wilson on God Only Knows and I Can Hear Music; Al Jardine on Help Me, Rhonda; and Bruce Johnston on Disney Girls.

Of course, BW sang Caroline No, Car-Crazy Cutie, In My Room, I Just Wasn't Made For These Times and most of the best post-surf and cars stuff and was the guiding genius ...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Well, a number of different members of the Beach Boys sang the lead part on different tracks - to take a few well-known examples, Mike Love on California Girls and Fun, Fun. Fun; Carl Wilson on God Only Knows and I Can Hear Music; Al Jardine on Help Me, Rhonda; and Bruce Johnston on Disney Girls.

Of course, BW sang Caroline No, Car-Crazy Cutie, In My Room, I Just Wasn't Made For These Times and most of the best post-surf and cars stuff and was the guiding genius ...
Love Disney Girls, but Tears in the Morning is by favourite Bruce Johnston track.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Bob Geldof.

Now, I loved early Boomtown Rats, but he couldn't sing.

But, does it matter. As others have said, if it was all about the voice, then Charlotte Church would have been a huge pop star.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
As others have said, if it was all about the voice, then Charlotte Church would have been a huge pop star.
And so would Demis Roussos.... my mistake, he was actually quite big in the 70s

0fb26f1c162e90c2eba933c6f8d579be--caftans-singers.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Morrissey... less chance of producing a solid musical note than a one armed man with a triangle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Listening to Radio 2 this morning and they were playing a track from Elton John's new album with popstars playing covers of his song.

"And now, Lady Gaga signing Your Song".

"uh-oh", I thought.

Do you know what. I thought it was really good.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Morrissey... less chance of producing a solid musical note than a one armed man with a triangle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Always found Morrissey to be perfectly in tune. Maybe, like many, you just find his singing voice massively irritating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Paul McCartney horrid voice

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Another one here who disputes this "Morrissey can't sing" nonsense.

Go onto Spotify or YouTube and have a listen to the Smiths live album 'Rank'.

Now gave a listen to him hit the notes perfectly on 'Boy With The Thorn In His Side'. If you're still unconvinced then listen to 'I Know It's Over' especially the end of that tune. How anyone could claim he can't sing after hearing that, I don't know.

His singing voice might be Marmite but he DEFINITELY can sing.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Paul McCartney deserves to be in this thread for still referring to himself as a songwriter despite having written nothing but rubbish since Live And Let Die.

Coming up'' was alright.

Anyway, that bird from M People is ****ing terrible

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another one here who disputes this "Morrissey can't sing" nonsense.

Go onto Spotify or YouTube and have a listen to the Smiths live album 'Rank'.

Now gave a listen to him hit the notes perfectly on 'Boy With The Thorn In His Side'. If you're still unconvinced then listen to 'I Know It's Over' especially the end of that tune. How anyone could claim he can't sing after hearing that, I don't know.

His singing voice might be Marmite but he DEFINITELY can sing.

This every day. The same with the track Bigmouth Strikes Again.

Posters are simply using this thread to put the boot into people or bands, NOT up their street. I can't stand M-People, Simply Red, Tom Jones and The Lighthouse Family, but refrained from mentioning them.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
This every day. The same with the track Bigmouth Strikes Again.

Posters are simply using this thread to put the boot into people or bands, NOT up their street. I can't stand M-People, Simply Red, Tom Jones and The Lighthouse Family, but refrained from mentioning them.

The bird from M People ..... Jesus ****ing christ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here