Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aliens and the beginning of time

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
So maybe we were visited way back and since then whoever visited us,their civilization is now extinct.

It's all in the timing and location.Yes maybe there was life on a planet a 'mere' 10 million miles from us but maybe
they had advanced life thousands of years ago but not anymore.

So an advanced life form far way ahead of ours years ago might not have progressed while our intellect and knowledge has now caught up?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
How do you explain sites like Puma punku, tiwanako, the nazca lines and so many other sites?

This is the biggest trap people fall into. Just because we can’t explain something doesn’t mean it’s aliens, god etc. It’s okay to just say we don’t know and try to figure it out from the evidence we do have. We shouldn’t fill gaps in our knowledge with any old nonsense we can think of.

For example early man experiencing an earthquake wouldn’t have had a clue what was going so filled the gap with god is angry. We now understand earthquakes so don’t view them as acts of god. In the future i’m Sure we’ll have explanations for things we don’t currently understand, so please don’t fill that gap in our knowledge with things for which there is no evidence.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
So an advanced life form far way ahead of ours years ago might not have progressed while our intellect and knowledge has now caught up?

Point is that civilization from thousands of years ago has now been wiped out through war or disease.
If they were still around then why haven't they been back?Because they were never here?

Is it even possible to catch up?You can only catch up a civilization that has stopped moving forward.
Have we stopped moving forward?No.So why should anyone else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wasn Leon Knight alienated from the Albion squad? Apparently there were sightings of him by some motorway!?

Spooky

Or the sudden vanishing of Alex Pritchard off the M25 only to emerge a few minutes later in Norwich.

He won't talk about it...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
The real important question is when do we invent Warp Drive (if your a trekkie) or if your a star wars fan then the Hyper Drive!!! it would make getting to away games so much bloody quicker instead of interminable train, coach or car journeys! :laugh:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Or the sudden vanishing of Alex Pritchard off the M25 only to emerge a few minutes later in Norwich.

He won't talk about it...

Well he hasn't set the world alight at Huddersfield what with injuries and all so he probably did us a favour making his way up the M11 and A11 when he did!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Brian Cox reckons there could be a lot of life out there in terms of slime, very simple organisms, but thinks intelligent space travelling creatures could be incredibly rare.

This planet is supposed is supposed to be 4 billion years old, but its only in the last 500,000 years when multi celled organisms evolved. He also went into detail how this was an incredible fluke which might not have occurred any where else yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If there are aliens out there, I wonder what they'll make of Ulloa penalty?

Found in a field near Glynde. Knocked out of orbit by Murray's effort.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Found in a field near Glynde. Knocked out of orbit by Murray's effort.

I think you've been misinformed there. I'm pretty sure Ulloa's penalty hit the moon creating Tycho in the process.

Murray's penalty landed on planet Nibiru.

Neither penalty collided. Nasa have confirmed this.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There is also an argument, that if a species could travel among the stars, they could have had time to colonise the galaxy. Off course there is no evidence of that today.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There is also an argument, that if a species could travel among the stars, they could have had time to colonise the galaxy. Off course there is no evidence of that today.

There's Egyptian hieroglyphics which could be telling us about space travel. There's all sorts of conspiracies behind them, one being that we're the aliens who landed here from 'Planet X'. I think the Summerian tablets touches on this too ( I could be wrong there)

larus

So maybe we were visited way back and since then whoever visited us,their civilization is now extinct.

It's all in the timing and location.Yes maybe there was life on a planet a 'mere' 10 million miles from us but maybe

Let’s put things in perspective here.

1 light year is approx. 6,000,000,000,000 miles.
The NEAREST other star (Proxima Centauri) to us is 4.24 light years away.
The 9th is Ross 248 (10.322) light years.

So, I think your comment of a ‘mere’ 10 million miles is a little bit out (sounds like Labours budget plans :lol: ).

I think there will be life out in the universe.
I think there will be intelligent life out there - but whether they have the ability to travel those distances and to be able to survive is another question.

One thing is sure, they will need to have learnt how to warp space/time to exceed the speed of light.

DavePage

Let’s put things in perspective here.

1 light year is approx. 6,000,000,000,000 miles.
The NEAREST other star (Proxima Centauri) to us is 4.24 light years away.
The 9th is Ross 248 (10.322) light years.

So, I think your comment of a ‘mere’ 10 million miles is a little bit out (sounds like Labours budget plans :lol: ).

I think there will be life out in the universe.
I think there will be intelligent life out there - but whether they have the ability to travel those distances and to be able to survive is another question.

One thing is sure, they will need to have learnt how to warp space/time to exceed the speed of light.

It just a jump to the left, surely

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
" Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not, both are equally terrifying " Sir Arthur C Clarke.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
'We’re out in the boondocks. And our star, the sun, is only one of 400 billion other stars in the Milky Way galaxy,' she said the conference crowd according to USA Today.
'And our Milky Way galaxy is only one of about 200 billion other galaxies in the observable universe,' she added’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aims-Earth-discover-alien-life-year-2100.html

The numbers are mindblowing.Questions have to be asked and discussed.

Are there Aliens out there?
How did all this begin?
Who will we play on Saturday.

Be brave and tell away.

42 :)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

10 million miles? Mars alone is 34 million miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here