Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Damn it we forgot Hagler !!!

Yes those big fights live on ITV before Sky took over.If I remember correctly ITV didn't have a build up like Sky with the fights beforehand.They just went straight to the time the big fight was scheduled and maybe caught just the end of the previous fight.

I must admit I didn't. A true great, but I didn't like him, probably because he destroyed Minter and Sibson.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Why is everyone getting so excited about this?

It's a sham. A con and if you know anything about fighting then it's a no-contest.

So, all those mugs who've paid £150 or whatever for their tickets - you're fools.

Parker is a decent fighter, watched him a few times and impressed with him.

What a KO that was, lovely end to the undercard that fight

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I must admit I didn't. A true great, but I didn't like him, probably because he destroyed Minter and Sibson.

I liked them both also but Hagler was a legend.

Big fan of Benn and who can forget his fight against McClellan.
Fan of Bruno before he got found out.
Fan of Prince Naz.
Met Micheal Watson at a wedding years after that fight.What a guy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Price ought to call it a day - that was a brutal KO. Thankfully he seems OK, but I can't see any point to him continuing his career.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I liked them both also but Hagler was a legend.

Big fan of Benn and who can forget his fight against McClellan.
Fan of Bruno before he got found out.
Fan of Prince Naz.
Met Micheal Watson at a wedding years after that fight.What a guy.

I liked Prince Naz.

I watched one of his fights in Hove Place (pub), and was surprised that half the punters wanted him to lose against some foreign fighter they wouldn't have known of. The first time I came across the very British IMO wanting our sportsman to lose.

Just before your time I loved the fights of Jim Watt (scottish lightweight WC), brilliant fights in Glasgow. BBC TV also covered live most of the career of McGuigan, he was a brilliant boxer.

Happy days.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Price ought to call it a day - that was a brutal KO. Thankfully he seems OK, but I can't see any point to him continuing his career.

Firstly he is a fighter and is often the case cannot hang up the gloves as its in the blood. Secondly, the offer of cash.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Firstly he is a fighter and is often the case cannot hang up the gloves as its in the blood. Secondly, the offer of cash.
Hopefully somebody, be it his trainer, his manager, his wife or whoever he listens to can convince him that the money just isn't worth the risk of him getting done like that again.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Why is everyone getting so excited about this?

It's a sham. A con and if you know anything about fighting then it's a no-contest.

So, all those mugs who've paid £150 or whatever for their tickets - you're fools.

I paid £150 for an average seat for Mike Tyson v Julian Francis in Manchester years ago for a nothing fight
therefore £150 today for a heavyweight unification fight is cheap.

Actually I think I was just ripped off like everyone else.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That was a little naughty by Sky to show AJ during Parkers walk on

Just me and Talksport I'm afraid tonight.
But they have done a decent job so far.
Obviously want AJ to win but I hope it's a good long hard fight.
Will be interesting to see the comments from the Boxing fans on here as I'm not actually watching it.
At least 8 rounds of hard thumping please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here