Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There's something seriously wrong if Wilder And Joshua don't get it on this year. There's absolutely no reason not to. The final heavy weight unification fight to become the undisputed champion, undefeated and the holder of all four belts(plus the crap one), 90,000 fans at Wembley, millions watching around the world, ridiculous amounts of money for both men and provided its not a god awful fight the opportunity to do it all and earn it all again six months later in a rematch.

Neither fighter might not be an all time top ten fighter but it would be a historic event of huge magnitude.

Or one/both could be massive pussies and not bother.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There's something seriously wrong if Wilder And Joshua don't get it on this year. There's absolutely no reason not to. The final heavy weight unification fight to become the undisputed champion, undefeated and the holder of all four belts(plus the crap one), 90,000 fans at Wembley, millions watching around the world, ridiculous amounts of money for both men and provided its not a god awful fight the opportunity to do it all and earn it all again six months later in a rematch.

Neither fighter might not be an all time top ten fighter but it would be a historic event of huge magnitude.

My guess is Hearn's trying to keep his cash cow going for as long as possible. I think he knows AJ's not what the hype is making him out to be.

If Wilder puts him away early, that'll be the end of all this AJ hype. It's Hearn's biggest worry, not if they both fight each other. Hearn would prefer to be selling out big stadiums with easy hyped up fights for AJ.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i think that this scare about a unification bout is designed by the various authorities each trying to prove they are the main authority and the one with power. The loser at the end of the day is boxing and the fans.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My guess is Hearn's trying to keep his cash cow going for as long as possible. I think he knows AJ's not what the hype is making him out to be.

If Wilder puts him away early, that'll be the end of all this AJ hype. Hearn's biggest worry.

Hearn is the hype. I actually think he does want the fight, as does Joshua. I reckon Wilder probably wants it too...at the right price. It's only recently that he's started calling Joshua out and talking about unifying the division whereas Joshua has been talking about it and doing it for a long time(if such a short career can be described as a long time).

As for who would win...I keep switching. I feel Joshua should win, he's the better boxer who's been in with better opponents. However Wilder is fast, athletic and has tremendous one punch power which coupled with Joshua's questionable chin means he's a live threat all through the fight. Plus he has a slightly longer reach than Joshua and a decent jab so Joshua will struggle to control him with his own jab like he did against Parker. Then again Wilder struggled against Ortiz, can also clearly be hurt and if Joshua gets him in the position Ortiz had him it's game over for Wilder.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

If Wilder puts him away early, that'll be the end of all this AJ hype. It's Hearn's biggest worry, not if they both fight each other. Hearn would prefer to be selling out big stadiums with easy hyped up fights for AJ.

I don't think this argument stands up. Joshua fought for a world title in his 16th fight has fought Klitschko in his 19th fight and now unified against an undefeated fighter. There is no evidence that I can see that he is being protected, he clearly wants the Wilder fight but on the right terms.

Wilder on the other hand is the most protected heavyweight that I can remember, he didn't fight for a world title until he was 33-0 and now has 40 fights under his belt, pretty much his only world class opponent has been Ortiz.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Wasnt it reported in the press last week that Wilder's contract is due for renewal and Hearn is trying to sign him up so he would move from one cash cow to another whoever wins.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hearn, AJ & Whyte all want the fight.

Wilder is stalling, and waiting to make sure he gets the most money he possibly can, as it'll be the biggest pay day he'll ever get.

Wilder is a terrible businessman, could have gone to Wales to hype and sell another million+ PPV tickets for the possible upcoming fight.
Made a lame excuse about not being able to get into the ring which was BS.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Surely the various alphabet organisations would rather not have a unified champion. There must be more money to be made from having 4 world champions with all the bouts against different challengers, rather than having 1 champion who has maybe 2/3 defences of his crown in a year?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt AJ say he was the champ and anybody wanting his titles would have to come to Wembley or Cardiff to fight him for them but Hearn is now talking of a fight in Las Vegas. I agree with AJ's philosophy.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

There are a lot of politics and egos involved though, both teams will approach negotiations with their own expectations about what the bring to the table and in boxing a lot of the promoters and fighters have their head up their own arses.

Then you have the complications around keeping all of the governing bodies happy to add in to the mix.

Unfortunately the signs so far are not good, Hearn and Wilders team have already had a public falling out and they couldn't even get Wilder to attend Saturdays fight due to a disagreement about whether or not he would be allowed in to the ring!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't think this argument stands up. Joshua fought for a world title in his 16th fight has fought Klitschko in his 19th fight and now unified against an undefeated fighter. There is no evidence that I can see that he is being protected, he clearly wants the Wilder fight but on the right terms.

Wilder on the other hand is the most protected heavyweight that I can remember, he didn't fight for a world title until he was 33-0 and now has 40 fights under his belt, pretty much his only world class opponent has been Ortiz.

I agree with Wilder being very protected. Fighting Stivern twice proved this. Ortiz technically looked a much better boxer than Wilder, but he's 73 years old pretending he's in his 30's. Wilder hasn't been tested as well as AJ has I agree. But AJ has only fought Klitschko who'd just lost his previous fight very convincingly and yet AJ was very very close to losing that fight. The Parker fight was a bit of a joke. Parker really hasn't fought anyone and his only claim to glory is never being knocked down.The whyte fight was AJ's 3rd 'toughest' fight and yet he still got heavily hurt in that fight almost being knocked out.

IMO, AJ is living off beating a shot Klitschko. Had that been the Klitschko at his peak, AJ would've been finished once he got back up from the Knock down.

My money is on Wilder (if it ever happens)

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Wasnt it reported in the press last week that Wilder's contract is due for renewal and Hearn is trying to sign him up so he would move from one cash cow to another whoever wins.

There's also reports that AJ's contract has nearly expired and that Dana White is putting in a £500m offer for him. AJ has openly spoken out the potential of this happening too. Maybe this is what might make the fight happen?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There's also reports that AJ's contract has nearly expired and that Dana White is putting in a £500m offer for him. AJ has openly spoken out the potential of this happening too. Maybe this is what might make the fight happen?

I think the huge money move is for AJ to become the undisputed Heavyweight fighter, and sign with Dana White, entering the UFC with the Undisputed title bringing in interest.
Might sound far-fetched, but if AJ wants the huge money, that's the path he might go down.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree with Wilder being very protected. Fighting Stivern twice proved this. Ortiz technically looked a much better boxer than Wilder, but he's 73 years old pretending he's in his 30's. Wilder hasn't been tested as well as AJ has I agree. But AJ has only fought Klitschko who'd just lost his previous fight very convincingly and yet AJ was very very close to losing that fight. The Parker fight was a bit of a joke. Parker really hasn't fought anyone and his only claim to glory is never being knocked down.The whyte fight was AJ's 3rd 'toughest' fight and yet he still got heavily hurt in that fight almost being knocked out.

IMO, AJ is living off beating a shot Klitschko. Had that been the Klitschko at his peak, AJ would've been finished once he got back up from the Knock down.

My money is on Wilder (if it ever happens)

It seemed clear to me that Klitschko wasn't up for the Fury fight, all his body language before and during the fight showed that. When he fought Joshua he had a point to prove and he was much more focused and as a result put on a good performance. A lot of experts were saying it was the best Klitschko they had seen in years.

Joshua can only fight whats in front of him and he is definitely not ducking anyone so I don't we should be too critical of a boxer that is actually still relatively inexperienced. As for who would win out of Wilder and Joshua, its a difficult one to call, Joshua has shown that he is vulnerable and Wilder certainly has the punching power to take him out, but based on the Ortiz fight Wilder is also vulnerable and was being outboxed for most of the fight. I think if Joshua got the success that Ortiz did against Wilder then he would finish him off. Very interesting fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here