Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
A boxing thread ruined by one poster who thinks their opinion is far more valid and important than everybody else’

And who was proved right :laugh:

Ruined?No I would say I kept the thread going and created some interesting debate.
More valid?Do me a favour or you'll choke on your sour grapes.

No just trying to put across another point of view from the blind adulation.After the fight if you noticed not many people
impressed at all by AJ and perhaps now see him in a different way.

Forums like this are about sharing different opinions but if you think it should only be for those who share the same opinion
then you are a very sad person.It's different viewpoints that make forums interesting.

(assumed you were referring to me and not Stoneham Park?)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes it asked for them to register an account. I think that I may phone the company tomorrow and tell them that I have lost my card just in case.
You commit an offence if you say the card was lost. Not really worth it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Very tactical bout that.

Thats what I thought. Sort of toe-to-toe, but without all the punches! Strange fight, hilarious ref, but I enjoyed it and thought AJ boxed clever. Not the best fight i've seen by a long shot but some good technical boxing. Fair result as well, bit generous from some of the judges, but AJ was on top with his jab for most of the fight and was also moving forward most of the time. Looked to me like AJ was the title holder and Parker the challenger looking for a big punch. Job done. How about Tyson Fury next? :catfight: Probably not going to happen but I think it would be a slugfest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And who was proved right :laugh:

Ruined?No I would say I kept the thread going and created some interesting debate.
More valid?Do me a favour or you'll choke on your sour grapes.

No just trying to put across another point of view from the blind adulation.After the fight if you noticed not many people
impressed at all by AJ and perhaps now see him in a different way.

Forums like this are about sharing different opinions but if you think it should only be for those who share the same opinion
then you are a very sad person.It's different viewpoints that make forums interesting.

(assumed you were referring to me and not Stoneham Park?)

There are ways and means of sharing different opinions though....and you just seem hell-bent on point scoring and proving people you are right.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Imagine him against Ali!

This stupid argument will go out forever. AJ is one of the best around at the moment. I keep saying nobody is saying he is the best ever but idiots keep putting forward an argument that isn't being disputed!

How AJ has been found out when he has won a very decisive points decision is beyond me. Fury wins a dull as **** points decision and suddenly he's a world beater.

Imagine him or Fury or Wilder against......Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, Tyson or Lewis.
Even those boxers were generally smaller, they were more streetwise, more dynamic and just better. Just shows the level at which these heavyweights are operating.Joshua has youth on his side and can improve but I'm not sure the stern tests are out there to help him get better. Peel back the hype, study boxing history and make your mind up re current quality levels.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What makes you say that? Why is it a wind up and yes I am a grandad 9 times over and a great grandad to 5 children.

I can vouch for your status as I know you son's, Ben and seen photo's of his child. About the only thing we agree on but yes you are a Grandad. :bigwave:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
There are ways and means of sharing different opinions though....and you just seem hell-bent on point scoring and proving people you are right.

Coming from you that's hysterical.

You are without doubt the biggest wind up merchant here.One vile nasty piece of work.Always looking to wind people up
and start something.Always sticking your nose in and wanting to get involved in everything.
I've been here a long time as a member and non-member and I have seen you constantly look for an argument.
Your post proves it once again.

O and as I've said before on here,I was right.:thumbsup:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Imagine him or Fury or Wilder against......Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Holmes, Tyson or Lewis.
Even those boxers were generally smaller, they were more streetwise, more dynamic and just better. Just shows the level at which these heavyweights are operating.Joshua has youth on his side and can improve but I'm not sure the stern tests are out there to help him get better. Peel back the hype, study boxing history and make your mind up re current quality levels.

Apparently you're not allowed to compare AJ to boxers of old.You're supposed to isolate him in today's world and as he is No 1 champ
then you are supposed to say what an amazing boxer he is.If you go against that then you are automatically labelled an AJ hater
by his fellow biased countrymen.You are not allowed to give an honest opinion if it doesn't fall in line with the majority view.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I really wanted to Joshua to be up to those heady heights, but I now know you're correct. Wilder too - I've watched his hardest fights, he is so open to punches, literally wild and is no where near a technical great. For those obsessed with Tyson Fury, he too is several levels below the true greats.

In their very long pomps, all those names you mention would've destroyed Wilder, Joshua and Fury.

But we can't live in the past. There's still time for Wilder and Joshua to improve.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
AJ needs a fighter of equal size,power and ability to get the best out of him like Klitschko did and make for a good fight.
If he fights someone of far lesser ability and has to go to them rather than them come to him then we will see
another borefest like last night.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
I wouldn't pay a quid to see Joshua v Povetkin if that is up next, Eddie Hearn might find the PPV cash cow hitting the buffers at this rate. The only 2 PPV fights for Joshua now are v Wilder or v Fury, anything else is rubbish

Would Hearns want him in with Wilder and risk the cow?
Or would Hearns rather see if Whyte could get a crack and beat Wilder, potentially setup a Whyte AJ rematch to milk the cow once more, before letting AJ face any real threat to his money making machine?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
After watching the fight live in the stadium, I was impressed with Joshua.

No it wasn't the explosive fight that most people wanted BUT Joshua answered some questions, he did not 'gas out' in the middle rounds and showed he can use his jab and reach to beat an opponent, a different side to AJ we haven't seen before.

He was almost always on the front foot also, with Parker living life up against the ropes.

By the way, Price got knocked out into next week, and Povetkin looks a serious contender.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Imagine him against Ali!

This stupid argument will go out forever. AJ is one of the best around at the moment. I keep saying nobody is saying he is the best ever but idiots keep putting forward an argument that isn't being disputed!

How AJ has been found out when he has won a very decisive points decision is beyond me. Fury wins a dull as **** points decision and suddenly he's a world beater.

Tyson Fury has become a legend through not fighting.
As soon as he gets in the ring people will remember he’s as dull as a fighter as he is entertaining as a talker. That’s not to say his style isn’t effective

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here