Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I like price a lot , but he should not be allowed back in a boxing ring.

If Price gave it up, and quit boxing as a career I would have nothing but respect for him. If he stays and carries on and gets seriously hurt, I will find it hard to feel sorry for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't class the fight as 'woeful', as stated it wasn't as explosive as people wanted it to be, and no I won't blame the ref.

Joshua answered some questions last night, he has gone the distance without 'gasing' and showed to people he knows how to win a fight whilst hiding behind the jab due to his reach advantage.

Why risk it all for the big knock out punch, when you can safely win it round by round with the jab?

I really like Joshua and want him to become a great WC. But I thought it a poor heavyweight world title fight, from both boxers and the ref! I get your good points about the positives from AJ, but was I left frustrated with a feeling that he has more to offer.

A controversial, personal idea - not picked up by the Sky commentators: It looked to me like Parker might have hurt AJ in some wild exchanges around the 5th and 6th, making AJ retreat into a shell. Just a thought.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Joshua showed another side of him last night, comfortably going the distance without gassing out. If you look at Mike Tyson at his peak, he didn't always blast everyone out in the first few rounds. If he fought Fury it maybe a similar fight, with the safety first fighter not throwing enough punches to get a decision.
If the Wilder fight happens, that could be a real thriller and could go either way IMO

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I wouldn't class the fight as 'woeful', as stated it wasn't as explosive as people wanted it to be, and no I won't blame the ref.

Joshua answered some questions last night, he has gone the distance without 'gasing' and showed to people he knows how to win a fight whilst hiding behind the jab due to his reach advantage.

Why risk it all for the big knock out punch, when you can safely win it round by round with the jab?

I think rather than AJs reputation growing last night for sure it took a hit.
Many negative comments on here and other places I've read.

Yes if he doesn't have the ability to bang an average champion out of the ring in a few rounds then play it safe however isn't that boring.It's one thing to play it safe but the fight was so uneventful.Hardly any telling shots or devastating combinations.Really quite dull.
As I said that's not just my opinion.
He's already proved in previous fights he can go a long way.

At least if he fights Wilder it's very unlikely to be dull as Wilder will come after him and we saw when AJ fought Klitchko
what he can do when a boxer comes for him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And you're full of shit.
Yeah you've insulted me plenty of times already. However insults from an ignorant troll mean nothing. By all means continue as there are clearly plenty of reasonable people like me who are losing patience with your nonsense.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I really like Joshua and want him to become a great WC. But I thought it a poor heavyweight world title fight, from both boxers and the ref! I get your good points about the positives from AJ, but was I left frustrated with a feeling that he has more to offer.

A controversial, personal idea - not picked up by the Sky commentators: It looked to me like Parker might have hurt AJ in some wild exchanges around the 5th and 6th, making AJ retreat into a shell. Just a thought.

At the end of the day, Parker and his team were waiting for Joshua to gas, and that just didn't happen, which is why Parker was on the back foot letting Joshua do all the work, hoping he would gas.

But he didn't, and kept plugging away with the jab, winning the rounds one by one without taking the risk of getting knocked out which frustrated Parker, hence the wild exchanges.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Look just to clarify.I gave an opinion that didn't match the AJ biased fellow countrymen fans on here so got a load of insults.
I was then proved right and people like you I understand are upset and are clinging onto any weak argument
to have a pop but that won't change last night's woeful fight.
Sorry.:laugh:

I said after the fight that it wasn't a classic but AJ was the deserved winner and that I don't understand the hatred that some have for him. I said he is not at a level to be called a great at the moment but keeps beating anyone who can challenge him. I completely agree that the current heavyweight scene is short of world class talent but I don't see what there is to dislike re AJ.

I'm not upset about anything. I'm a casual boxing fan and was putting my opinion into the debate when you called me a clown for what I thought was a fairly reasonable and calm post.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Yeah you've insulted me plenty of times already. However insults from an ignorant troll mean nothing. By all means continue as there are clearly plenty of reasonable people like me who are losing patience with your nonsense.

:yawn:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I said after the fight that it wasn't a classic but AJ was the deserved winner and that I don't understand the hatred that some have for him. I said he is not at a level to be called a great at the moment but keeps beating anyone who can challenge him. I completely agree that the current heavyweight scene is short of world class talent but I don't see what there is to dislike re AJ.

I'm not upset about anything. I'm a casual boxing fan and was putting my opinion into the debate when you called me a clown for what I thought was a fairly reasonable and calm post.

I called you a clown after yet another one of your insulting post's.

Just to clarify,if someone has a low opinion of AJ does that make him a hater?could he actually be giving just
an honest opinion?
On the other hand,if someone bigs up AJ,is he just an AJ lover or could he just be giving an honest opinion?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think rather than AJs reputation growing last night for sure it took a hit.
Many negative comments on here and other places I've read.

Yes if he doesn't have the ability to bang an average champion out of the ring in a few rounds then play it safe however isn't that boring.It's one thing to play it safe but the fight was so uneventful.Hardly any telling shots or devastating combinations.Really quite dull.
As I said that's not just my opinion.
He's already proved in previous fights he can go a long way.

At least if he fights Wilder it's very unlikely to be dull as Wilder will come after him and we saw when AJ fought Klitchko
what he can do when a boxer comes for him.

It may have been boring but I wonder if Joshua wanted to prove to himself he could go 12 rounds, and in some ways that will mean more to him than amother knockout.
the downside from last night for him, is that I doubt the queues for ppv will be as long next time if it’s not fury or wilder. Not that AJ strikes me as the worrying kind

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018

I'd like there to be a whole host of great boxers capable of being world champ like not so long ago.
Don't care where they are from so long as they revive the dying heavyweight division.

I mean,what the hell happened.Where is the conveyor belt in the US that churned out top
fighter after top fighter.Is it because Don King is no longer involved.What is the reason.

Hopefully this is just the low end of a cycle and it will all get back to what it was.
However I can see nothing for the next few years.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
It may have been boring but I wonder if Joshua wanted to prove to himself he could go 12 rounds, and in some ways that will mean more to him than amother knockout.
the downside from last night for him, is that I doubt the queues for ppv will be as long next time if it’s not fury or wilder. Not that AJ strikes me as the worrying kind

You said it but I know in no way do you believe that for one second.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I called you a clown after yet another one of your insulting post's.

Just to clarify,if someone has a low opinion of AJ does that make him a hater?could he actually be giving just
an honest opinion?
On the other hand,if someone bigs up AJ,is he just an AJ lover or could he just be giving an honest opinion?

Yet another insulting post? Really can't see where I have insulted you let alone 'yet another'. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree.

I said you seemed to have a hatred of AJ due to multiple posts having a pop at him that seemed out of proportion from last night's fight. It seemed like you came in with an agenda. If that wasn't the case then my sincere apologies for insulting you, that's just how it came across to me. It must be the gin.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd like there to be a whole host of great boxers capable of being world champ like not so long ago.
Don't care where they are from so long as they revive the dying heavyweight division.

I mean,what the hell happened.Where is the conveyor belt in the US that churned out top
fighter after top fighter.Is it because Don King is no longer involved.What is the reason.

Hopefully this is just the low end of a cycle and it will all get back to what it was.
However I can see nothing for the next few years.

I read articles a few years ago that the rise of NBA and American Football, led to US sporting talent (who might had made heavyweight boxers in another era) being driven in that direction. Great financial rewards guaranteed, with arguably less impact on the brain.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Joshua v Povetkin might be on the cards if Wilder avoids the fight with Joshua. Would be very interesting going on the power Povetkin has.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joshua v Povetkin might be on the cards if Wilder avoids the fight with Joshua. Would be very interesting going on the power Povetkin has.

I cannot see what AJ would gain fighting Povetkin who only beat Price with 1 punch after taking a count. I do not think that AJ would have been so careless as to get caught like that. Price is finished he has no where to go and nobody will want to fight him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

He was actually very poor in the fight against Price, out boxed and staggered until the glass jawed Price got hit by an average punch.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I cannot see what AJ would gain fighting Povetkin who only beat Price with 1 punch after taking a count. I do not think that AJ would have been so careless as to get caught like that. Price is finished he has no where to go and nobody will want to fight him.

"The Russian is the WBA's mandatory challenger and is a potential future opponent for Joshua"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here